King of cocktails

Can’t deal with ‘traditional’ ones like an old fashioned or martini, however anything lime based, particularly caparinhia, mojito, pisco sour etc 💯
Also on a Caribbean beach a daiquiri goes down a treat (frozen or regular)
Good shouts for a White Russian too, also shouldn’t forget a Cuba libre (with spiced rum)

There’s a semi famous ‘mixologist’ from New York called Brian DaSilva who works in the cocktail bar above a restaurant called Rules in Covent Garden, makes a mean Bloody Mary but some of traditional ones he does blow your socks off.
Got some cracking stories to go with his drinks too.

Last edited:

Long Island Iced Tea for me. Was out a few weeks ago for the Missus birthday to a cocktail bar and had some on their menu. Going again on my birthday on Saturday to continue the menu. This may render me unable to watch Everton which also could be a positive.

Can’t deal with ‘traditional’ ones like an old fashioned or martini, however anything lime based, particularly caparinhia, mojito, pisco sour etc 💯
Also on a Caribbean beach a daiquiri goes down a treat (frozen or regular)
Good shouts for a White Russian too, also shouldn’t forget a Cuba libre (with spiced rum)

There’s a semi famous ‘mixologist’ from New York called Brian DaSilva who works in the cocktail bar above a restaurant called Rules in Covent Garden, makes a mean Bloody Mary but some of traditional ones he does blow your socks off.
Got some cracking stories to go with his drinks too.
You might like a Gimlet - gin, lime juice, and sugar. Nice summer drink.

If you are ever in Paris, The Hotel Bristol mixologists does a gingerbread old fashioned that might change your mind.

I do like a Moscow Mule. Quite refreshing and not too sweet. Vodka is crazy juice for me though so can't drink more than 1 or 2
Yeah its a wonderfully refreshing drink, helps that ginger is my favorite spice, but i don't like it too sweet.....here in the US Barritts and Fever Tree are my favorite ginger beers. Freshly squeezed lime and a LOT of ice is a must. But as @Rita_Poon correctly said, those mules sure as hell creep up on you!.

And it must be served/drank from a copper mug!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back