Kit for 24/25

I think the kits look sharp too bad the quality of castore kits are supposedly shoddy , I want one but I'm afraid it will disintegrate when it rains or if I sweat too profusely
I had the misfortune of handling and signing an £80 Adidas Leicester away kit the other day. I can’t speak for its sweat wicking properties and it didn’t have the 3 vital holes under the armpit ours has, but it did feel properly robust and very soft. Not a chance that badge was coming off either. Sigh.

I actually used to be part of a "vintage" baseball team where we'd dress up and play by the rules of the 1860's. We'd even travel and play other 'vintage' teams around the southern US, was a ton of fun. I never knew the Sox and Giants played a game at Goodison, so really cool info to find out. I may have to grab this one as it actually does remind me of one of the alternate uniforms we would wear when we played as a team dubbed the "Tanners".

I'm actually just out of frame in this picture but here's an example of what it looked like.
Very cool! Baseball was and still is my favorite sport. My father was a very good player and was scouted by the Yankees pretty closely in high school and my mother still regularly watches at least 80 Mets games per year.
Just curious, what are the biggest differences in rules between that era and the modern game? You have a decent Baltimore chop? :p

Very cool! Baseball was and still is my favorite sport. My father was a very good player and was scouted by the Yankees pretty closely in high school and my mother still regularly watches at least 80 Mets games per year.
Just curious, what are the biggest differences in rules between that era and the modern game? You have a decent Baltimore chop? :p

Loved the Mets stadium from the outside and the entrance into it. Really impressive layout.

Probably the weirdest sport I've ever watched live. Really long, long pauses, tension really climaxes towards the end of the match.

Loved the Mets stadium from the outside and the entrance into it. Really impressive layout.

Probably the weirdest sport I've ever watched live. Really long, long pauses, tension really climaxes towards the end of the match.
Yeah, it’s a great place to watch a game— a huge upgrade on Shea Stadium. Though so many of my early memories were at Shea so I miss it even if it was a dump. Pre-9/11 I smuggled in a sixer of Miller High Life 😂.

I think baseball’s probably an acquired taste for many, but imo nothing quite it for a summer evening

That's awesome! Baseball was my first sporting love when I was growing up so I've always been a fan (go Rangers). I don't mind the Mets a bit, went to a game over at Citi Field once and had a great time.

The rules have actually stayed more or less the same for a very long time, so we have to go back to the 1860's rulebook to find a big enough of a difference. The main rule is there are no gloves, but, you can also catch the ball on one bounce for an out. However, if you catch it on the bounce the runners on base don't have to tag up to advance. The ball is much softer though which makes catching it easier. You also can't overrun first base so you gotta be careful not to twist an ankle if the play is close. There are some other details that escape me but those are the ones that made the biggest difference. Still more or less the same game.

That's awesome! Baseball was my first sporting love when I was growing up so I've always been a fan (go Rangers). I don't mind the Mets a bit, went to a game over at Citi Field once and had a great time.

The rules have actually stayed more or less the same for a very long time, so we have to go back to the 1860's rulebook to find a big enough of a difference. The main rule is there are no gloves, but, you can also catch the ball on one bounce for an out. However, if you catch it on the bounce the runners on base don't have to tag up to advance. The ball is much softer though which makes catching it easier. You also can't overrun first base so you gotta be careful not to twist an ankle if the play is close. There are some other details that escape me but those are the ones that made the biggest difference. Still more or less the same game.
Sounds awesome!
BTW: Any chance deGrom makes a start?

Back on topic, I really like this kit. Reminds me a bit of the Le Coq Sportif cream color one that I have

Can anyone advise how the new kits fit for a teenager? My son is 14 and last season wore the 2XL kids size, Castore don’t have this size so goes from XL kids size then jumps to small men’s and not sure what to go for.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.