Kit for 24/25

The american baseball themed third kit is an interesting take

not sure why its been done but interesting nonetheless
I think the message is "Buy it or we'll send Beto with a bat to your house".

4189ff76-ddcf-405b-a905-082bb195c1f3__1600X2772.webp

I have to say, I like the 3rd kit. I'll not be buying the top though, as it's too expensive for me.

Everton and baseball had an unlikely friendship. In modern times, they are not linked with each other whatsoever, but from the 19th century to around the 1950s, their link was quite strong.

On 23rd October 1924, American baseball teams, the Chicago White Sox and the New York Giants, played an exhibition game at Goodison Park. Over 2,500 people watched the White Sox beat the Giants 16-11.

B G.webp

Former Everton chairman John Moores was an avid fan of baseball. In 1933, he created a Liverpool-based baseball league, and the champions would be awarded the eponymous John Moores Trophy. The foundation of the league and the growth of baseball in Liverpool led to Everton players taking part in the sport, such as Dixie Dean, who played for Liverpool Caledonians.

The 'John Moores Trophy' looks a bit dodgy
J M T.webp

Not sure how its baseball themed in itself but I really like it!
nice shirt, nice launch video. Yes, they are all expensive nowadays!
Wait for the sale at seasons end.
Haven't seen any discussion of the colour yet - which iI really like btw.
We could keep this one for 2 years to link us from the old to the new.

Nice kit, but do find it quite funny the only nod to our last season at Goodison on any of our kits is for a baseball game.

Those badges you can pay for don’t count.

I actually used to be part of a "vintage" baseball team where we'd dress up and play by the rules of the 1860's. We'd even travel and play other 'vintage' teams around the southern US, was a ton of fun. I never knew the Sox and Giants played a game at Goodison, so really cool info to find out. I may have to grab this one as it actually does remind me of one of the alternate uniforms we would wear when we played as a team dubbed the "Tanners".

I'm actually just out of frame in this picture but here's an example of what it looked like.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back