Kit for 24/25

That kit has got nothing to do with baseball. They’ve designed a kit and then made up some mad story to tie it into Goodison.
that's my biggest gripe.
The idea they've specifically designed a kit to pay tribute to a baseball game 100 years ago but haven't designed a home kit for the season that pays homage to Goodison Park in her final season?? Where is the logic in that??
The reveal video is filtered to high heaven too giving the kit that nice cream colour, with long beige shorts and baseball cap to make it look retro but it looks white in every other picture. and boring with standard shorts and socks. It looks more like a tribute to that kit Justin Bieber was seen wearing.
It's the best of the 3 for it's simplicity but it's nothing more than a template. All 3 of our kits are templates and then someone has googled Everton and just picked random things to loosely associate said templates to Goodison Park.

"The shirt's neutral colour palette and subtle pinstripe lend from a classic baseball look, while a flat-front waistband on the shorts and matching cushioned-heel socks complement the style. A contemporary charcoal V-neck collar with yellow pinstripe is repeated in detailing on the shirt sleeves, shorts and socks.

"We have used Goodison as our inspiration for all three of this season's kits. The home kit is a classic Everton look but with a nod to the Club's first ever crest. The away kit is inspired by great Goodison night matches and the famous atmosphere created under the lights. This kit is about acknowledging Goodison's versatility and the stage it has provided over more than 130 years.

"We wanted to remind people that it has not only hosted the great Everton teams of decades gone by but been a part of the wider sporting fabric and story."
I’ve already read it and they can say that, but it doesn’t mean it’s true. So am I to believe that every kit with pinstripes is baseball inspired?

No, it’s an opinion. Same with artists, let’s throw paint everywhere and then come up with some exterior thought process and meaning. Kits don’t need a back story or reasoning for why, just release the thing, people are gonna by it anyway.
But you're implying it didn't happen. Clubs a mess but not sure they'd change history to launch a third shirt.

No, it’s an opinion. Same with artists, let’s throw paint everywhere and then come up with some exterior thought process and meaning. Kits don’t need a back story or reasoning for why, just release the thing, people are gonna by it anyway.
On 23 October 1924, Goodison Park became the Goodison ballpark for an exhibition match between the Chicago White Sox and New York Giants. 🇺🇸

I like this the best of the three, but there is still something slightly off about the kinks in the collar. I have a feeling they got a deal on some old snake belt elastic and used it for the collars on the first and third team efforts.

Almost gone after an hour, how many did they actually make?

1000074964.png

On 23 October 1924, Goodison Park became the Goodison ballpark for an exhibition match between the Chicago White Sox and New York Giants. 🇺🇸
Where have I said that the baseball game didn’t happen? I’m saying the shirt has got nothing to do with baseball and they’ve tried to shoehorn in the baseball game as the basis of the design.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.