Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Koeman: "We've only spent £7m"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon the Lukaku deal was done and dusted weeks before it was officially announced and we spent money safe in the knowledge that the Lukaku money was banked. New signings will be announced in or around the same time as Barkley leaving.

It's Stones all over again.

You know our board only too well!

Like I said in the Sevilla match thread, only Pickford and Keane are improvements from last season. Everywhere else, we are the same or weaker (though the jury is out on Klassen).

The headline figures are impressive, but in context, we haven't actually done much of a rebuild yet.

The Rooney signing still bothers me. I don't see it from a footballing point of view. I hope it's a case of massively increasing our wage budget to get around FFP rules over the coming seasons.

I reckon the Lukaku deal was done and dusted weeks before it was officially announced and we spent money safe in the knowledge that the Lukaku money was banked. New signings will be announced in or around the same time as Barkley leaving.

It's Stones all over again.
To be fair to Lukaku he did say he knew where he was going ages before any announcement.
Wish Ross would pipe up and say he's off to Newcastle tonight.. The snake.

Aye, for whatever people think about the faults he has, being a patsy for the board like Moyes and Martinez where is certainly not something you can ever level at him

Moyes had the board around his finger. Did you not see his strops during pre season when we had no money to buy anyone ?!

To be fair to Lukaku he did say he knew where he was going ages before any announcement.
Wish Ross would pipe up and say he's off to Newcastle tonight.. The snake.

Lukaku definitely looked like a man that knew he was staying in America for the Utd tour fairly early on. With a bit of luck Barkley will do a U-turn and sign a new deal and really put pressure on the board to buy even without £20-30m from his sale.

Like I said in the Sevilla match thread, only Pickford and Keane are improvements from last season. Everywhere else, we are the same or weaker (though the jury is out on Klassen).

The headline figures are impressive, but in context, we haven't actually done much of a rebuild yet.

The Rooney signing still bothers me. I don't see it from a footballing point of view. I hope it's a case of massively increasing our wage budget to get around FFP rules over the coming seasons.

I honestly think Bill never got over his broken heart and he honestly believes Rooney is Lukaku`s replacement ... ` What a manager`

Delighted Koeman has finally said this, has been annoying me for weeks now when I hear everyone in the media saying Everton have been the big spenders this summer....

A week to go and we still have replaced the striker we knew was leaving last March.... and we still haven't completed the sigurdsson deal (when we also know Barkley is out the door).....

Had expected our net spend this summer to be 80-100 mill, not breaking even....

A good man wouldn’t gloat or rub it in here, however, I am not a good man.

tumblr_nmsf43ikYV1tq4of6o1_500.gif

I'll reserve judgement until the end of the window whether we've upped the ante & are now bringing a bazooka to the Turkey shoot, rather than the knife to the gun fight.

I'm really hopeful that there are pleasant surprises ahead in this window.

He's a carpet bagger. Those that aren't convinced of that yet have very short memories or think that people said to be billionaires cant either a/ be wrong or b/ be frugal with their money.

It's a completely naive position to hold on this feller.

The club has been here 139 years. I wont be giving a man who tipped up here less than 18 months ago any benefit of the doubt.

Lukaku definitely looked like a man that knew he was staying in America for the Utd tour fairly early on. With a bit of luck Barkley will do a U-turn and sign a new deal and really put pressure on the board to buy even without £20-30m from his sale.
I'd welcome a u-turn all day long. He's pissed on his chips though I reckon, sadly.
Ross and Rooney would play some boss togger. I'm convinced.

Bang on about Lukaku staying on with his mate in the US as well. So, why no solid links to a target man ?

For once, I'm glad the window will be open after the sason starts.. And that's a first for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back