Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Koeman: "We've only spent £7m"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to say this just the once, kindly stop insulting other posters calling them fools or any other name.

Differences of opinion are fine, insults are not !!

Does this apply to all the posters on here who insult me daily or did you forget that?

We did well for it not to become public knowledge until we'd completed our own transfer business.

I hope Koeman throws a massive strop and walks cos he's a bang average manager.
I agree and you do wonder if he was only targeted because he did well while selling his best players at Southampton. If Moshiri was genuine it wasn't a great manager to start with.

Mate it's more to me that I mean if we spent say something ridiclous ( for example ) like 200 million on players I would be like wow this is good.... and we mean it etc.... But if IF we're selling to buy regardless if it's keeping the bank balance ok then it's going totally backwards. Kenwrights quote of " I told you I would get you the right man " is now well getting a bit doubtful.....

Prove me wrong mr moshri prove me wrong.

If the transfer window closes and we're in the position we are now then I will fully agree with you, but there is also a bigger picture. Moshiri has clearly moved the club forward in other ways with the Stadium, the debt, bringing in Koeman at the expense of Martinez which took us from 11th - 7th.

As it stands it does appear that we are selling to buy and I wouldn't be happy with that at all. But if we buy Sigurdsson next week then that all changes. If we went out and had a net spend of £200m (assuming that's what you meant) i'm not sure if FFP would allow that, and it'd also seem pretty wreckless for Moshiri to do. As I said earlier, Moshiri may be rich, but he's not that rich and is also putting his efforts in to the Stadium etc.

The biggest disappointment of this window for me (I've been delighted with the majority of our transfer business so far) has been the failure to replace lukaku with a top class striker. There are absolutely no excuses for this, as soon as lukaku turned down our contract offer last season, Walsh and koeman's priority should have been who can we replace him with. A past it Rooney and an unproven yet talented sandro is by no means a replacement for lukaku.

If the transfer window closes and we're in the position we are now then I will fully agree with you, but there is also a bigger picture. Moshiri has clearly moved the club forward in other ways with the Stadium, the debt, bringing in Koeman at the expense of Martinez which took us from 11th - 7th.

As it stands it does appear that we are selling to buy and I wouldn't be happy with that at all. But if we buy Sigurdsson next week then that all changes. If we went out and had a net spend of £200m (assuming that's what you meant) i'm not sure if FFP would allow that, and it'd also seem pretty wreckless for Moshiri to do. As I said earlier, Moshiri may be rich, but he's not that rich and is also putting his efforts in to the Stadium etc.

Well I Think mate right now we're all basically waiting to see what unfolds
Nxt

As long as we don't sign moussa sissoko or James Collins then net spend doesn't bother me. We are nailed on for 7th place and early knockout stages of the europa league regardless. Until we get a new stadium, get rid of elstone and tell Umbro to do one we will struggle with competing to sign big players at their peak.

Like someone said earlier in the thread Koeman getting his excuses in early to save face for his dream Barca job.

Of course he is, it's in his interests to downplay expectations because we all know Koeman is ego epitomised.

But, he's still not wrong in this. Tell me, what's the difference right now, at this moment, between Everton under Moshiri and Everton under Kenwright when it comes to transfers?

Because the answer is nothing, surely?

Actually, I believe we're spending less than under Kenwright between 2014 and until Feb 2016!

The majority of people will see what he said as an huge excuse after spending a lot. Which he has.

If we were free flowing and smashing teams in pre season, he wouldn't have said it. He'd use it to the board in January if it's going wrong. He'd never blame himself.

What's the difference? We actively get players rather than penny pinch. Last season we had a net of £20mill, chased the wrong players. But the ones we could get, we got them without argument. Never like that under Kenwright.

I think this argument would have more weight if we still had Rom and didn't spend. That would show more about how much money we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back