Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Koeman: "We've only spent £7m"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah he is, but so are a lot of chairman in this league. I find it cringe worthy all the stupid hype about him. He's a sensible business plan with a plan to add value to the club and in turn add value to his shares.

Hype? Missed that.

And that, ^^^^^ is exactly what we need.

That's fair enough but why don't our fans stop pretending he's some sugar daddy.

"Billionaires aren't we". Give it a rest lads

He´s no sugar daddy. What he is is somebody who´s trying to reform the way the club works for the better.

Koeman says “Everybody knows we are looking for three more players – a left centre-back, a left full-back, a player who can play out of both positions, a winger and a striker and that’s the picture, what the best is for our team and we will see what we can do,” said Koeman in an interview with Sky Sports.

“We are close [on Sigurdsson], we have to wait. But still, the deal is not done.”

Does that mean 4 players or is Sigurdsson supposed to be a winger or striker?

Reckon Sig is the winger.

Just looked now, also 90M quoted.
I think maybe the fact that Lakaku only had 2 years left and Coutinho just signed for 5 makes the price rocket.
I'm not sure Coutinho is even worth 90 but this is one strange window.
Lakaku wanted out so I think we done ok out of it.

I would have liked to of squeezed there balls a little bit more and paid them to keep Rooney

Moshiri is an improvement on what we had, which is the most important thing.
If we still had Kenwright and his silent invisible board we would be a lot worse off.

Kenwright was McGeady.
Moshiri is an Erickson.
Unfortunately people were expecting a Messi.

Am not saying he isn't what we needed. The rhetoric is "money isn't an issue" when it clearly is still.

Kenwright has claimed money is not an issue. It clearly is an issue. We are funding most of our signings with sales. Not necessarily a huge issue, but disappointing after the initial hype.

Guess it depends on what narrative you choose to follow.

Mine is, we spent big, early, on 5 players, while still having contracts on the table for Rom and Ross. We then lobbed £40 to £48 million offers at Swansea for Sigs. We have hugely increased our wage bill, (thats a guess to be honest, but a pretty decent one).

So yeah, its easy to say we funded the buys from Rom being sold, and technically, I guess its true, but like I said, its the narrative you choose to follow.

Kenwright has claimed money is not an issue. It clearly is an issue. We are funding most of our signings with sales. Not necessarily a huge issue, but disappointing after the initial hype.

Moshiri is now the accountant who knows how to run a club aka business well. If we do not have a healthy net spend before 31 August I honestly do not think he is the one we all hope for.

Again. How can he buy players who aren't for sale, for whatever reason?

Name the CF's who are better than who we've got and are for sale.

He has said that he wants to bring more players in. Is he lying? If not, and he knows who he wants, why doesn't
he buy them?

He's had 12 months for a striker, at least one striker must have been available. He told us we needed one last pre-season.
If he's expecting a world class striker to suddenly become available to us then he will be in for a long wait.
He's paid £6m a year to find these players. I would rather have decent strikers than none at all.

No one knows who Is or isn't for sale, Neymar wasn't for sale he still got sold.

Koeman says “Everybody knows we are looking for three more players – a left centre-back, a left full-back, a player who can play out of both positions, a winger and a striker and that’s the picture, what the best is for our team and we will see what we can do,” said Koeman in an interview with Sky Sports.

“We are close [on Sigurdsson], we have to wait. But still, the deal is not done.”

Does that mean 4 players or is Sigurdsson supposed to be a winger or striker?

No, he's saying a left sided centre half who can double effectively as a left back when required I think.

Which is.... nobody I can think of whatsoever actually.

Healthy Net Spend.

Biggest myth in football.

Actually with FFP, it's not, because you are rewarded the more you spend consistently. If you don't spend, you fall behind those who do, whilst the way it works in the meanwhile means it's harder to catch those in front of you, if not outright impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back