Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Koeman: "We've only spent £7m"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because the reason he was subbed wasn't for fitness. In tight games managers will often settle for what they have which normally means taking off players like Deulofeu plus wide players are in general more inconsistent and therefore more likely to be subbed.

At Milan he had a manager who rated him.
Honest question mate and its in no way meant to be offensive, do you actually go to watch Everton? Anyone who watches Everton can surely see this lad was never fit enough. He would be blowing for tugs after 20 minutes. A shame as he was a talented lad

Look he's gone. The point I was making was our attack, the combination of Lukaku, Barkley and Deulofeu is stronger than Sandro, Rooney, and Klassen.

That difference is greater than what we make up by having Pickford and Keane in the side.

I'm not sure how anyone can disagree so let's leave it at that. We are going into the season weaker and Koeman is right to dial back expectations.
People can disagree because Klaasen and Sandro have not played ONE Premier League game, but ok.

Look he's gone. The point I was making was our attack, the combination of Lukaku, Barkley and Deulofeu is stronger than Sandro, Rooney, and Klassen.

That difference is greater than what we make up by having Pickford and Keane in the side.

I'm not sure how anyone can disagree so let's leave it at that. We are going into the season weaker and Koeman is right to dial back expectations.

You have no idea how Sandro and Klassan will operate in the PL, so your point is as invalid as using FIFA as a real life simulator

If you are like dave pointing everything at 2013 yes maybe but honestly Deulofeu had done nothing to show he is good enough as a PL footballer.

The squad has improved as a whole so I won't just pick out negativity.

It's not though, is it? dont remember the other clubs stating that we were close to agreeing terms for either of those players

And net spend is for kopites, an excuse for not winning the league.

When it comes to off loading deadwood I agree with you. But if you fund your transfer activity by selling your best players year on year, then I think the net amount of investment tells you quite alot.

Considering we want a centre half the lack of links to any is alarming unless we have a rabbit to pull out of the hat in the next few weeks.

When it comes to off loading deadwood I agree with you. But if you fund your transfer activity by selling your best players year on year, then I think the net amount of investment tells you quite alot.

Stones and Lukaku wanted out; as does Barkley. Contracts have been offered to the latter and both have refused to sign.

What else do you want?

No, he spent £100M. £100M of recycled money - half of which was mugged off him by no mark clubs who saw what an utter mug he is.

So may I ask you once again. You seem to ignore things that you cannot answer.

You are saying Koeman was mugged off by no mark clubs. I am seeking your opinion on this. All are big money transfer at the time.

£13.5m Niasse
£13m McCarthy
£9.5m Funes Mori
£6m Kone

£20m in 2013 a lot of money at the time how much do you think that amount worths now? Do you think the fraud was mugged off by Wigan? Was the Niaase deal a mugged off by an unknown club? Was the Funes Miri deal was another mugged off deal by some no mark club? It seems that you are claiming Ajax, Burnley and Sunderland are no mark clubs.

You are saying Koeman was mugged off by no mark clubs. I am seeking your opinion on this. All are big money transfer at the time.

£13.5m Niasse
£13m McCarthy
£9.5m Funes Mori
£6m Kone

£20m in 2013 a lot of money at the time how much do you think that amount worths now? Do you think the fraud was mugged off by Wigan? Was the Niaase deal a mugged off by an unknown club? Was the Funes Miri deal was another mugged off deal by some no mark club? It seems that you are claiming Ajax, Burnley and Sunderland are no mark clubs.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/martinez-new-belgium-head-coach.90386/page-244

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/former-everton-managers-discussion.96370/

It´s exactly the same as last year. We sold Stones and reinvested the Money. Then the spending stopped. The squad was crying out for a forward but in the end all we did was borrow Valencia. This summer we´ve spent the Lukaku money, and in the end, we´ll borrow another striker.

People will argue we´ve bid 45 mil for Gylfi but have we really? Bit like us bidding for Moutinho and Alan Smith back in the day. The ol´phantom bid is a favourite trick of Kenwright´s. Easy to bid if you know it´s going to be rejected.

To actually progress we need proper net investment in the squad.
I'm sure we have but I also think the deal may be dependant on McCarthy and Barkley going or vice versa.

Honest question mate and its in no way meant to be offensive, do you actually go to watch Everton? Anyone who watches Everton can surely see this lad was never fit enough. He would be blowing for tugs after 20 minutes. A shame as he was a talented lad
He's a sprinter and that's just the way he breathes after a sprint. It's not like he then stops running. e.g. The game against Watford he was playing right to the end. The game at Milan were he made an assist in the last minute when they had 9 men etc

The only game I actually thought he was taken off for that reason was Spurs at halftime and he ran around chasing the ball for 65 mins on the first day of the season. Anyone would be shattered by then.

Enough though - he's gone.

£13.5m Niasse
£13m McCarthy
£9.5m Funes Mori
£6m Kone

i think transfers have doubled so around 40m for that lot which frankly in today's money that's pretty good plus Niasse was bought when the money was just about to get crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back