Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Koeman: "We've only spent £7m"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw Sandro as replacing Valencia/Kone anyway. Thought for sure we'd have been after a Dembele/Batsuayi, etc.

Not sure we'd have been after Sigurdsson if the Barkley business wasn't a thing tbf.
I think they still think they will get Giroud but Sandro is the fallback if they can't.

But I don't think we have more than 30m if that even to play with so if it's not Giroud chance is it won't be anyone better than Sandro.

The positions he prioritised were strange. It's almost like he took a dislike to certain (Martinez signings) no matter what.

I saw Sandro as replacing Valencia/Kone anyway. Thought for sure we'd have been after a Dembele/Batsuayi, etc.

Not sure we'd have been after Sigurdsson if the Barkley business wasn't a thing tbf.
I think at the start of the window they thought they would get top dollar for Ross and Sigurdsson relatively cheaply to essentially make it a straight swap. It's clear to me Koeman just prefers Sigurdsson. However like the Giroud transfer it hasn't exactly gone to plan

I think they still think they will get Giroud but Sandro is the fallback if they can't.

But I don't think we have more than 30m if that even to play with so if it's not Giroud chance is it won't be anyone better than Sandro.

The positions he prioritised were strange. It's almost like he took a dislike to certain (Martinez signings) no matter what.

That's some Dave-level reaching. He'd have kept Lukaku if he could, Deulofeu had his buyback activated, McCarthy is constantly crocked, Kone was poo, Pickford looks an upgrade on Joel.

That's some Dave-level reaching. He'd have kept Lukaku if he could, Deulofeu had his buyback activated, McCarthy is constantly crocked, Kone was poo, Pickford looks an upgrade on Joel.
I'm not sure we could have afforded to keep Lukaku but forget him Deulofeu and Barkley are most likely leaving or left because of the manager. Pickford is an upgrade but a 30m upgrade. Is Klassen a 25m upgrade on Davies?

I think when the dust settles we will have spent around 50m-80m and will have a weaker older team. That's not good.

That said I think Koeman is a decent coach and will probably get the best out of them.

I'm not sure we could have afforded to keep Lukaku but forget him Deulofeu and Barkley are most likely leaving or left because of the manager. Pickford is an upgrade but a 30m upgrade. Is Klassen a 25m upgrade on Davies?

I think when the dust settles we will have spent around 50m-80m and will have a weaker older team. That's not good.

That said I think Koeman is a decent coach and will probably get the best out of them.

Just speculation that. All we know is that Barkley won't sign the contract/wants a 'new challenge'.

Pickford could be our number 1 for many years to come, I bet we'll look back and consider it somewhat of a bargain.

Barkley and Davies aren't Martinez signings.

Just speculation that. All we know is that Barkley won't sign the contract/wants a 'new challenge'.

Pickford could be our number 1 for many years to come, I bet we'll look back and consider it somewhat of a bargain.

Barkley and Davies aren't Martinez signings.
Pickford does look good. I was unsure due to his height I will be honest but I thought he was very impressive so far. Still not sure if we are sell to buy it's the smartest allocations of funds.

I never said those two were but you can't deny there's been a massive cull of Martinez's signings.

Pickford does look good. I was unsure due to his height I will be honest but I thought he was very impressive so far. Still not sure if we are sell to buy it's the smartest allocations of funds.

I never said those two were but you can't deny there's been a massive cull of Martinez's signings.

Should we have kept McGeady, Cleverley, Kone? Not sure we could have kept Rom, sadly. Deulofeu had his buyback activated.

Then there's Niasse who will probably leave too.

I think at the start of the window they thought they would get top dollar for Ross and Sigurdsson relatively cheaply to essentially make it a straight swap. It's clear to me Koeman just prefers Sigurdsson. However like the Giroud transfer it hasn't exactly gone to plan

not sure why you can't say we instead of they tbh, but you've been here less than a day and it is a mare's worth of posts so far, must be said.

Should we have kept McGeady, Cleverley, Kone? Not sure we could have kept Rom, sadly. Deulofeu had his buyback activated.

Then there's Niasse who will probably leave too.
I think Deulofeu, Robles, Besic and Funes Mori have all been a bit harshly treated if I'm honest.

While some have played none have ever really had the trust of the manager.

Martinez did buy a load of turd but Koeman seemed to give the Moyes players a bit mor a fair crack. That's just my impression.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back