Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Koeman: "We've only spent £7m"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does what he does in two different teams remove the fact whenever he played for us he couldn't last past 60/70 mins?
Because the reason he was subbed wasn't for fitness. In tight games managers will often settle for what they have which normally means taking off players like Deulofeu plus wide players are in general more inconsistent and therefore more likely to be subbed.

At Milan he had a manager who rated him.

Because the reason he was subbed wasn't for fitness. In tight games managers will often settle for what they have which normally means taking off players like Deulofeu plus wide players are in general more inconsistent and therefore more likely to be subbed.

Think you should have watched more of his Everton performances mate.

He doesn't play for Everton anymore. Bury your sad little man crush and move on.

For all the bluster about spreading goals around etc.. this team doesn't look like scoring a lot of goals. We managed 2 over 180 minutes against Ruzomberok, 1 of which was a massive deflection. Failing to adequately replace Lukaku's goals, by one player or several, will be an enormous failing across the managerial tier of the club. Rooney is definitely not going to chip in with many from open play, the way Klaassen has been deployed so far doesn't suggest he will, Lookman/Mirallas/DCL etc.. haven't done so in previous appearances so cannot be relied upon to fill the void, Sandro may score goals but relying on a 21 year old who has never played a minute of PL footie is no way to bring a young lad on.

We need a proven forward. Last week.

The board and Koeman have had months to prep for this.

For all the bluster about spreading goals around etc.. this team doesn't look like scoring a lot of goals. We managed 2 over 180 minutes against Ruzomberok, 1 of which was a massive deflection. Failing to adequately replace Lukaku's goals, by one player or several, will be an enormous failing across the managerial tier of the club. Rooney is definitely not going to chip in with many from open play, the way Klaassen has been deployed so far doesn't suggest he will, Lookman/Mirallas/DCL etc.. haven't done so in previous appearances so cannot be relied upon to fill the void, Sandro may score goals but relying on a 21 year old who has never played a minute of PL footie is no way to bring a young lad on.

We need a proven forward. Last week.

The board and Koeman have had months to prep for this.

What's Walsh been doing since he heard Lukaku was going? Sitting on his arse I bet!

Deulofeu had the lungs of a 90 a day smoker, the boy was clearly not fit enough for the premier league. Struggle to believe people would genuinely argue that.

What's Walsh been doing since he heard Lukaku was going? Sitting on his arse I bet!
It's beyond bizarre. I honestly don't care if we have been spending the Lukaku money in advance or not. Whatever we have been spending priority number 1 should have been a striker (and I know we have signed Sandro but that was a risk free punt). This fetish with central midfielders is getting disconcerting, I don't mean to sound like @davek , but how many do we need? In my view we don't have a single "striker" at the club. We have a number of players you could call forwards (Rooney, Sandro, Bolasie, Lookman, Mirallas - DCL is probably closest but Koeman plays him as an inside forward) but not one that looks like the focal point of an attack. How Steve Walsh, Koeman et al can let this pass is a mystery to me.

It's beyond bizarre. I honestly don't care if we have been spending the Lukaku money in advance or not. Whatever we have been spending priority number 1 should have been a striker (and I know we have signed Sandro but that was a risk free punt). This fetish with central midfielders is getting disconcerting, I don't mean to sound like @davek , but how many do we need? In my view we don't have a single "striker" at the club. We have a number of players you could call forwards (Rooney, Sandro, Bolasie, Lookman, Mirallas - DCL is probably closest but Koeman plays him as an inside forward) but not one that looks like the focal point of an attack. How Steve Walsh, Koeman et al can let this pass is a mystery to me.

I saw Sandro as replacing Valencia/Kone anyway. Thought for sure we'd have been after a Dembele/Batsuayi, etc.

Not sure we'd have been after Sigurdsson if the Barkley business wasn't a thing tbf.

I saw Sandro as replacing Valencia/Kone anyway. Thought for sure we'd have been after a Dembele/Batsuayi, etc.

Not sure we'd have been after Sigurdsson if the Barkley business wasn't a thing tbf.
The way we're chasing Sigurdsson I can't help thinking that he is THE guy that Koeman wanted. I have zero insider info but the spiralling costs, the comments from both camps and the stance of the player (he's clearly been tapped up by us) wouldn't make any sense if RonKo wasn't hot for the Gylf. I think he would've been targeted whatever happened with Ross. Maybe that's why he wants out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back