Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Koeman: "We've only spent £7m"

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think transfers have doubled so around 40m for that lot which frankly in today's money that's pretty good plus Niasse was bought when the money was just about to get crazy.

I think it's slightly more than double. If people are complaining spending £45m-£50m on Sigurdsson just imagine roughly the same amount are spent on McCarthy and Kone now.

You believe Everton have spent 3 weeks haggling over a couple of million?
No, I think they've left Swansea stewing after they'd knocked back £40m + £5m in add ons.

They're sat with a player who's told them straight that he wants the move to Everton, and we're waiting for them to blink, as Clement has said openly that they can't move for their targets until it's concluded.

I think it's slightly more than double. If people are complaining spending £45m-£50m on Sigurdsson just imagine roughly the same amount are spent on McCarthy and Kone now.
I know. I think we have done well with respect to the prices we have bought and sold. Ultimately I think agents know the price of their players now and there's not a lot of wiggle room unless you can steal someone with a low release clause like we did for Gueye and Sandro or Spurs will do to us with Barkley having one year.

My problem is 1. Lukaku is impossible for us to replace and for that reason alone we will be weaker next year (no point in denying it and it's no one's fault), 2. We needed to rebuild the squad even if Lukaku stayed so net spend does matter and 3. The positions we bought weren't what I would prioritise.

Everything else is noise and people with agendas.

Only two of them are starters
That's sort of the thing with young players, you buy them to grow into the team over the next few years. If you want people to go straight into the first team, they tend to be a bit older.
If you want the best of both worlds, it costs you 80M+ per player.

No, I think they've left Swansea stewing after they'd knocked back £40m + £5m in add ons.

They're sat with a player who's told them straight that he wants the move to Everton, and we're waiting for them to blink, as Clement has said openly that they can't move for their targets until it's concluded.
They won't buy Sigurdsson unless they know they will get a half decent price for Barkley and McCarthy. Barkley's injury and Spurs looking to low ball us is what has held up the deal. Not necessarily sell to buy. Just a question of wages and positions in the squad etc.

and
Or it could be Koeman getting his excuses in first :(

As someone pointed out earlier, happen our performances in the pre season games, including the Europa League ties, had not been so lacklustre and pedestrian then Koeman would likely not have said that.

Absolutely nowt we have seen on the pitch this past three or four weeks since Tanzania suggests we are ready for the big kick off and this is now practically 100% Koeman's team.

There is no hiding place for him happen we have a poor start.

I hope this is the case anyway....if the manager is going to have to use a press conference to hurry along transfer negotiations every window like was apparently the case with Schneiderlin and is now maybe happening with Iceland, it really does throw a bad light on the current hierarchy at EFC.

One thing is sure.....the euphoria of a few weeks ago has greatly diminished....:(

Jose is doing exactly the same thing to the United board.

I think Swansea look quite relaxed tbh. Can't see them suddenly buckling. They planned on keeping Sig so don't believe they're in any way drsperate.

I think Swansea look quite relaxed tbh. Can't see them suddenly buckling. They planned on keeping Sig so don't believe they're in any way drsperate.
Clement sounded exacerbated by it on Sunday, they want it done. Their new Sherman owners have dug their heels in though, the fee is more about ego than anything now. It's not in their interests to drag this on, but it seems that it's going to.

Robles had 10 clean sheets and then was dropped because he didn't save two shots that most goal keepers wouldn't. Only come back when Stek put in a series of clown performances. It was clear in preseason before his injury he was last choice in the DM role. Funes Mori I think won over Koeman.

hahahahaha! did you miss Robles "performance" at Anfield last season?? The lad is never going to be good enough for us.

They won't buy Sigurdsson unless they know they will get a half decent price for Barkley and McCarthy. Barkley's injury and Spurs looking to low ball us is what has held up the deal. Not necessarily sell to buy. Just a question of wages and positions in the squad etc.

Nice theory, but it doesn't stand up to much scrutiny, given that Swansea could have accepted our last bid or offered a close compromise.

Sigurdsson has been our target since January.

Yea. Sigurdsson doesn't have any leverage over them due to being on a long contract. He won't stop performing since I don't imagine he's that kind of player. It's a world cup year.

Plus Swansea would be crazy to sell. They would effectively be guaranteeing themselves relegation which is worth a lot more than 50m.

He's this year's Juan Mata. I hate to say it. I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it. I just hope we don't sell Barkley on the last day no matter what.

Yea. Sigurdsson doesn't have any leverage over them due to being on a long contract. He won't stop performing since I don't imagine he's that kind of player. It's a world cup year.

Plus Swansea would be crazy to sell. They would effectively be guaranteeing themselves relegation which is worth a lot more than 50m.

He's this year's Juan Mata. I hate to say it. I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it. I just hope we don't sell Barkley on the last day no matter what.

errrrrmm, he's stopped playing for them ffs lol

Nice theory, but it doesn't stand up to much scrutiny, given that Swansea could have accepted our last bid or offered a close compromise.

Sigurdsson has been our target since January.
I think both things are holding up the deal. If we had of sold Barkley for 30m-50m we would already have given them their asking price.

We would have also then been knocked back.

Take it you missed the fact he refused to go on tour and play in a friendly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back