Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Koeman: "We've only spent £7m"

Status
Not open for further replies.
What part of being here next season "not an option" for the player himself are you struggling with?

It wouldn't have mattered what the length of his contract was, he was going, he'd done with EFC.

68 posts in 2 days as a member btw, impressive debut son ;)
I think you are misunderstanding cause and effect.

Lukaku didn't say "it wasn't an option" because he wanted to force a move away.

He said it wasn't an option because he knew he was already going because he had already refused to sign a new contract.

We had already begun spending the money ffs. Bored at work plus you lot do like to argue the most pedantic things. You are almost as bad as me.

I think you are misunderstanding cause and effect.

Lukaku didn't say "it wasn't an option" because he wanted to force a move away.

He said it wasn't an option because he knew he was already going because he had already refused to sign a new contract.

We had already begun spending the money ffs. Bored at work plus you lot do like to argue the most pedantic things. You are almost as bad as me.

I think he said it wasn't an option as for him, it wasn't an option.

We could have easily decided from a club viewpoint that the loss in his asset value was a price worth paying for another season out of him, just as Arsenal have done with Sanchez.

He's a sprinter and that's just the way he breathes after a sprint. It's not like he then stops running. e.g. The game against Watford he was playing right to the end. The game at Milan were he made an assist in the last minute when they had 9 men etc

The only game I actually thought he was taken off for that reason was Spurs at halftime and he ran around chasing the ball for 65 mins on the first day of the season. Anyone would be shattered by then.

Enough though - he's gone.
I will take that answer as a no you don't watch him live. Seeing a player with his hands on his knees after an hour is irrelevant to whether he is a winger or a centre half. Every player should be fit enough to play in their position.

We've sold the best striker in the prem for 90 million and haven't replaced him. I'd be full of such valid 'excuses' if I was manager. Koeman did it it in a more subtle way imo. He gets a pass for me if we start this season without a replacement for Lukaku. And I'm not even the biggest Koeman fan.

I think Harry Kane Sergio Arguero and one or 2 others would have a problem with your opening statement

I think he said it wasn't an option as for him, it wasn't an option.

We could have easily decided from a club viewpoint that the loss in his asset value was a price worth paying for another season out of him, just as Arsenal have done with Sanchez.
We could have but if we did he wouldn't have said that. We all know both the club and Lukaku after he refused to sign the contract then selling this summer was best for all concerned.

My point is that's not the case with Sigurdsson and Swansea. I think there's a good chance we won't get him.

We've sold the best striker in the prem for 90 million and haven't replaced him. I'd be full of such valid 'excuses' if I was manager. Koeman did it it in a more subtle way imo. He gets a pass for me if we start this season without a replacement for Lukaku. And I'm not even the biggest Koeman fan.
Me neither but I agree. I always thought Rodgers got a raw deal at Liverpool after losing Suarez but I guess it may have had more to do with Klopp becoming available.

Difference between January and now is that the sympathy wont all be with him on the matter. Most blues' reaction to yesterday's comments was to do a double take and wonder wtf he was complaining about.

I said it earlier: he is now playing the second instalment of a very dangerous game in openly casting aspersions about the the club's squad investment. If we dont get good results and and he plays that hand again he'll be hurtling toward the exit.

You dont buy a dog for close on £7M per season and expect to be continually bitten by it.

He's blunt and honest mate.. I actually prefer it. And if they sack him for calling out the board... the fans will back him and the board know this... obviously you won't back him ... even though he is actually agreeing with what you have been saying for ages ...

I will take that answer as a no you don't watch him live. Seeing a player with his hands on his knees after an hour is irrelevant to whether he is a winger or a centre half. Every player should be fit enough to play in their position.
I do see it he does it after 5 mins nermind 60.

Some players are like that. He's a sprinter. You can't compare him to someone like McCarthy.

Because he will do it after every sprint and then be fine.

He's a sprinter and that's just the way he breathes after a sprint. It's not like he then stops running. e.g. The game against Watford he was playing right to the end. The game at Milan were he made an assist in the last minute when they had 9 men etc

The only game I actually thought he was taken off for that reason was Spurs at halftime and he ran around chasing the ball for 65 mins on the first day of the season. Anyone would be shattered by then.

Enough though - he's gone.

Taken off at half time after running around for 65 minutes? No wonder he can't last a whole game if they're over two hours long

The best bit is the spin that no other players can be bought before we sign Siggy. Not sure why we can't buy another defender or striker, but it's pretty clear. It is impossible for Everton to sign anyone before Sigurdsson has joined the club.

Ronnie make an off the cuff 30 sec statement to set the facts straight
What happens on GOT,we get 64 pages of hysteria , backtracking ( net spend /gross spend) and bedwettting
When Jesus gave the sermon on the mount it didn't provoke this much debate and controversy.
Some lads are reading way too much into this
It's not as though he named the sniper on the hill FFS
Find a launderette , wash the sheets calm down and revisit this thread on Sep 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back