Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Koeman: "We've only spent £7m"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it an agreement though? Gylfi is all about Koeman. Koeman loves him.

So is an agreement or is it Koeman putting his foot down and Walsh saying "oh, ok then"? This is where things get complicated. There is only a certain amount in the budget. Will it affect a Walsh target? Will Walsh say to Bill to get the best deal possible so there's money left over for one of his players.

Then When team selection issues arise who is Koeman going to put in his team? The player he's always wanted (gylfi) or the rough diamond Walsh has scouted and brought in? This is where problems arise. It's all very well saying that they come to a joint decision but who has the final final say and who advises Bill as to how much we really want a player.

In my opinion the final say/lines of communication from manager to board have to be so clear, ideally written into contracts. If Koeman gets a whif that transfers are being deliberately slowed down to the point where they fail so alternative better-value players are brought (Walsh targets) he won't be happy.

The recent "7mil" jibe was his second go at the board this year. The director of football role can be successful but it can also create disharmony. I can't imagine that Koeman is the type of guy to bow to Walsh' superior knowledge. I can imagine Koeman being promised the world by Moshiri last summer and then bill trying to tempor expectations on budgets/wages offered to players.

Be interesting to see how things develop over the next few weeks...
Pure speculation but wouldn't surprise me if this is exactly what is going on.

or u will realize you keep getting banned for being a self righteous bore and change your ways?? if not then i will confine to CRUSH u. now gimme your head for my wall **produces scythe**
btw - Looking forward to seeing Geri this year.

If he goes on to nail down a starter role at Barca that would be very funny.

He wont last 6 months there, he never does.

Malaga in January.
I hope he gets the 6 months. If he does then you never know.

As long as he doesn't think he's Messi he will do well although I do think his finishing isn't good enough for Barca.

Ironically them selling Neymar could be bad for him because it looks like the will go and get Mbappe/Dembele and Coutinho with the money.

But at least he might get to start in a Classico.

Is it an agreement though? Gylfi is all about Koeman. Koeman loves him.

So is an agreement or is it Koeman putting his foot down and Walsh saying "oh, ok then"? This is where things get complicated. There is only a certain amount in the budget. Will it affect a Walsh target? Will Walsh say to Bill to get the best deal possible so there's money left over for one of his players.

Then When team selection issues arise who is Koeman going to put in his team? The player he's always wanted (gylfi) or the rough diamond Walsh has scouted and brought in? This is where problems arise. It's all very well saying that they come to a joint decision but who has the final final say and who advises Bill as to how much we really want a player.

In my opinion the final say/lines of communication from manager to board have to be so clear, ideally written into contracts. If Koeman gets a whif that transfers are being deliberately slowed down to the point where they fail so alternative better-value players are brought (Walsh targets) he won't be happy.

The recent "7mil" jibe was his second go at the board this year. The director of football role can be successful but it can also create disharmony. I can't imagine that Koeman is the type of guy to bow to Walsh' superior knowledge. I can imagine Koeman being promised the world by Moshiri last summer and then bill trying to tempor expectations on budgets/wages offered to players.

Be interesting to see how things develop over the next few weeks...
More like a board deciding £100M hadn't gone very far in rebuilding a team and are underlining he needs to be wiser spending it.

Any club would be well within their rights to block an insanely inflated fee for a player with zero sell on value. Come the end of any contract, the club will be left with a player into his 30s worth about £10M if we're lucky while Koeman is back in Holland or wherever in retirement.

More like a board deciding £100M hadn't gone very far in rebuilding a team and are underlining he needs to be wiser spending it.

Any club would be well within their rights to block an insanely inflated fee for a player with zero sell on value. Come the end of any contract, the club will be left with a player into his 30s worth about £10M if we're lucky while Koeman is back in Holland or wherever in retirement.

This thread must be difficult for you. Your Koeman is an average clogger agenda directly clashes with your Moshiri is a fraud agenda. Everton are trolling you with a position were both can't be true. If you argue that Koeman's wasted the money then Moshiri is wise to close the purse, if you argue that Moshiri's net spend isn't good enough then your favourite Dutch man is right to call him out on it.

This thread must be difficult for you. Your Koeman is an average clogger agenda directly clashes with your Moshiri is a fraud agenda. Everton are trolling you with a position were both can't be true. If you argue that Koeman's wasted the money then Moshiri is wise to close the purse, if you argue that Moshiri's net spend isn't good enough then your favourite Dutch man is right to call him out on it.
No. That's not right.

The gross spend is substantial and Koeman needed to make it matter. It's there because there has, this summer, been a once-in-a-generation selling off of the family silver. He's been the beneficiary of that.

Net spend is still zero and will be poor if there is one. That's down to Moshiri.

Although we have spent 100m (well a net spend of 7m) it was always going to take time for our signings to gel. Pickford and Keane have undoubtedly strengthened us, because let's face it we were so poor in these positions last season. Nevertheless both seem to be quality additions.
Replacing lukaku and Barkley the creative and scoring hub of the side from last season, was always going to be more difficult. Sandro, klassen and Rooney although early days, haven't been up to the task. However more worryingly overall has been the lack of balance in the side which has produced some lacklustre performances. Is this down to the calibre of player we have recruited or the system we have deployed? I guess time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back