2018/19 Kurt Zouma

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn’t matter how many other CDs are on the radar the closer to the first game the more desperate matters will become. If It’s not Zouma then whoever it is will be a bigger gamble needing more time to adjust to the surroundings, understand the managers philosophy etc.
Chelsea have a player who in truth doesn’t fit their style of play, a player whose worth rises daily and who probably if Rudiger was fit would be out the door already.
Why I believe Everton are being played is to do with the fee.

When he joined Stoke they paid £7 million fee and Mark Hughes said at the time Zouma was worth £40 million. Now two years on Chelsea know that the value of CDs has risen so back to my comment Chelsea are in no rush but all the while know that as each hour goes by the worth of their hand gets stronger.

You are just describing how the transfer market works. It doesn't equate to Everton being played. We signed Mina (for a decent price) and loaned Gomes and zouma last TDD. So this idea that we are guaranteed to be ripped off later in the window is unfounded.

Have faith in Brands.

They can't let a senior centre half move when they have a transfer ban. We might have a shot in January if he's not getting games.

It would be pretty incredible for them to let him go. It'd surely require him to push for it, which I also think is unlikely. He has a realistic chance of staking a claim at a club that has a recent record of winning and competing for trophies.

Well id say Umtiti is the closest thing to Desailly around...

Would you prefer Zouma, Umtiti or someone else?

For me its a tricky one...Zouma already proved himself with us but Umtiti would be top class as long as his knee held out...then hou have Konate at Leipzig who looks like being a next level superstar.

Interested in your thoughts?
Zouma is the safe bet. One, because we know he fits in well with the club and the players, plus the way we play. And two, there is a risk over Umtiti's injury. How else could you explain the low transfer fee.

But if there was any sniff of a chance of us signing Umtiti, I think it's worth the risk. He's world class in my opinion. Already higher than Zouma's potential ceiling and he's still only 25. I'd go for him.

Do Chelsea fans want to keep him or are they not arsed ? Has Zouma made any indication he actually wants to join us ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back