Lack of any quality in youth system

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we have sacrificed our English players at the expense of the globalized premiership product and many teams including ours are losing their identities as a result.

It was hard enough to make it as a professional footballer in England but these days kids are competing with the whole world and most won't make it. It hurts us on a club level, but more so on an international level, and I think we'd be better off with a greater cap on the number of foreign players allowed.

I know that sounds like I'm asking for a wall here but the premiership has made English footballers into an endangered species and just to enjoy a slightly higher standard of football on TV.

And are we even seeing better football?

Still never going to happen....

I think we have sacrificed our English players at the expense of the globalized premiership product and many teams including ours are losing their identities as a result.

It was hard enough to make it as a professional footballer in England but these days kids are competing with the whole world and most won't make it. It hurts us on a club level, but more so on an international level, and I think we'd be better off with a greater cap on the number of foreign players allowed.

I know that sounds like I'm asking for a wall here but the premiership has made English footballers into an endangered species and just to enjoy a slightly higher standard of football on TV.

Higher standard of football, it's the worst I can remember at the moment, its dull and boring for the most part, the few big teams hoover up all the talent to sit on their benches, football is a joke and a shadow of the excitement it used to bring.

I think you have to be an ex Carlos player plus over the hill aged 29 ish personally -

And, Davies aside, how many of them do you expect to see play regular first team football?

The average for any prem team is between 2 and 4 players. And that's just minutes not generally 1st choice starters. No team has a steady crop of young players getting 1st team minutes each season. It's steady progress.

The opening post came across we don't have any talent. We do. It's about seeing who gets a chance.

I'm sure Small, Gordon, Nkounkou will be getting a look in next season.

Gordon, Braithwaite, Simms, Kenny, Small, Nkounkou, Davies....

Missing something here?

Branthwaite Nkonkou were bought in

Davies and Kenny not good enough.

I do think however that we might be on the verge of a better group with Small Onyango Gordon coming through

None of our young players are comfortable with the ball in tight spaces. That's the biggest issue I see. It suggests a lack of coaching on the basic technical skills needed.

We have a manager who would rather name two goalies than a youth player on the bench. And overrated issue to moan about all things considered. The main reason I imagine is it'll be hard to justify putting a kid on the bench instead of Bernard, Gomes, Delph, Iwobi, King who are all on 10-100x their wages

Anyone half decent send them out on loan and pay 65k for a CF we have not used..... Josh King....... while Rhico has stunk the gaff out......- Eliss Simms could not have fared worse ....... + we missed out anyway on Europe....
He could have, though. He could've bombed, been slated by the fans and been ruined before his 21st birthday. Sending him out on loan gives him game time with less pressure and experience of getting smashed about by yard dog defenders. Bringing in a youngster when the first team seems to be toxic would be madness.

He could have, though. He could've bombed, been slated by the fans and been ruined before his 21st birthday. Sending him out on loan gives him game time with less pressure and experience of getting smashed about by yard dog defenders. Bringing in a youngster when the first team seems to be toxic would be madness.
We have blooded 16 year olds before stop wrapping them up in cotton wool FGS.,....

We have blooded 16 year olds before stop wrapping them up in cotton wool FGS.,....
Not for a long time. It was different when there was no expectation on the team and we hadn't spunked 500mil on dross. Our fans wouldn't tolerate playing young players who might go missing in games. Look at the stick Calvert lewin got and still gets. He's 24.

We blooded a 16-year old this season? lol
So giving a kid game time in one cup match and then not playing them for the rest of the season is better than a full season of game time in a league?

I mean playing them in the league. That's what the argument was. Our fans wouldn't go for that anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.