Lack of fight and playing for the shirt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if that's the case they should go to their chairman and demand action. They shouldn't escape critisim

Footballers are massively fickle. We reminded me of Spurs under AVB a few weeks ago. Now we are one million miles worse than that.

If the players don't buy into Roberto's ways, then he has to go. And there's good reason for the players not to buy into what he wants them to do too.

Agreed, you would think just sheer personal pride would mean they would never give less than 100%

I just can't imagine going onto a football pitch with thousands in attendance, millions watching on TV and just going through the motions because I I didn't like or agree with the manager.

Absolutely baffled by this.
Agree with that mate. Theres an NBA player,Draymond Green, who had a good quote the other day. He basically said " i could never imagine giving anything less than everything i have when i play the game of basketball. I love the game and im blessed to play it so Im always going to give it my all" wish more athletes had that attitude

The way I look at it, the players play to their max. The difference between Martinez and any other competent manager is that they can try to get that extra bit out of the players.

That little edge is all the difference. Look at the change in Liverpool since Klopp took over.

The way I look at it, the players play to their max. The difference between Martinez and any other competent manager is that they can try to get that extra bit out of the players.

That little edge is all the difference. Look at the change in Liverpool since Klopp took over.
I don't think we've seen the players playing at their max though. Not at all.

I don't think we've seen the players playing at their max though. Not at all.
well...I agree and disagree. Like I said, a good manager gets that little extra out of players that makes their 100% just a little bit better, and at this level, that is massive.

I do not believe that they are really giving their all for the club, but I think a lot of it could be down to just...well, poor management.

Players have got too much power sadly. They know they can afford to act like this. Look at Chelsea, went on a 17 match unbeaten run as soon as Mourinho got sacked.

It's counter productive with regards to their own career as well. They're not very intelligent.

Does the manager cross the white line on the pitch?
Does he wear the Royal Blue Jersey?
No matter what he's done off the pitch, the players are the ones on it and there has been an awful lack of professional pride and desire from them this season.
If the tactics are sh!te, you can still show some fight. We haven't seen that.

Have you ever worked somewhere were the atmosphere was dire? It becomes so hard to get yourself motivated, and while we would like to think that these players are only doing it for the sheer pride of the Royal Blue, they aren't. They are all employees of a business who currently has really poor working conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.