Lack of fight and playing for the shirt

Status
Not open for further replies.
well...I agree and disagree. Like I said, a good manager gets that little extra out of players that makes their 100% just a little bit better, and at this level, that is massive.

I do not believe that they are really giving their all for the club, but I think a lot of it could be down to just...well, poor management.
I don't disagree with you that the manager can make a difference.
But I can hand on heart say that I don't think they've been giving 100% and poor management doesn't give them an excuse to not do so.

Have you ever worked somewhere were the atmosphere was dire? It becomes so hard to get yourself motivated, and while we would like to think that these players are only doing it for the sheer pride of the Royal Blue, they aren't. They are all employees of a business who currently has really poor working conditions.
Yeah I have.
However they're getting paid copious amounts of money to do something that 90% of them will love and enjoy.
Where is the professional pride if nothing else

Origi showed more fight winning that header for their 1st than Lukaku has shown all month. Add to that the likes of Stones and Barkley who don't want to ruffle their hair and the whole spine is weak and not condusive to winning Premier league games.

I just don't understand it at all. They're meant to be professional football players and they can barely string a few passes together. There seems to be no communication and none of them have an idea what's going on. Even the more experienced players. And then when they inevitably mess it all up they stand about moaning rather than doing something about it.

It's infuriating

The way I look at it, the players play to their max. The difference between Martinez and any other competent manager is that they can try to get that extra bit out of the players.

That little edge is all the difference. Look at the change in Liverpool since Klopp took over.

It isn't "getting a bit extra" out of them, its getting them to believe what they are being asked to do will lead to success. It isn't specifically a football thing either, I am sure that 99% of people who have ever had a job will have had a boss like that at some stage.

The problem he has is that they have stopped believing him.

Fans say this is our best squad since the eighties. This is our worst, they shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a blue shirt. Forget the sending off they would have won by four anyway.

Never mind the manager for a moment and all the issues going on with him.
Downright embarrassing this from the current playing group, not only today but throughout the season.

Understandable but to me they are set up wrong. Defensively . No matter what players he plays it all looks wrong. They defend as individuals not as a team. The lack of intensity off the ball has been our main problem for 2 years now. We used to score goals to cover that up or paper over the cracks as they say but results have dented our confidence going forward now so we look like a total heap of ....

Yeah I have.
However they're getting paid copious amounts of money to do something that 90% of them will love and enjoy.
Where is the professional pride if nothing else

It's still a job.

Professional pride.......can't help you there, except to mention that when I was in one of those situations where the working atmosphere was less than perfect, I just didn't care about how well I did my job.

Never mind the manager for a moment and all the issues going on with him.
Downright embarrassing this from the current playing group, not only today but throughout the season.

John Stones.

I've got more back bone in my little finger than his entire body.

Thats saying something!

@The Esk

It's still a job.

Professional pride.......can't help you there, except to mention that when I was in one of those situations where the working atmosphere was less than perfect, I just didn't care about how well I did my job.

Thats the definition of professionalism. GET THE JOB DONE!

Understandable but to me they are set up wrong. Defensively . No matter what players he plays it all looks wrong. They defend as individuals not as a team. The lack of intensity off the ball has been our main problem for 2 years now. We used to score goals to cover that up or paper over the cracks as they say but results have dented our confidence going forward now so we look like a total heap of ....
The answer simply put it to get rid of the manager. It's not working, and is nowhere near expectations or standards he himself set.
Players don't deserve a free pass because of this though, they hold some blame too for where we sit.

Status
Not open for further replies.