Lack of fight and playing for the shirt

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not like they're playing pooly on purpose though. Confidence is massive in sport, they've lost all confidence at the moment because what they're being asked to do doesn't work. They will only get their confidence back when they have someone in charge they can believe in.

Also when the fans believe in them too?

I'm certainly no fan of Carragher's, but he was absolutely correct in stating that this squad is in no way the best since the 80's. I personally don't think it is even the best in the last 10 years. A lot of the blame does lay with Martinez, but I think this squad is in major need of repair, and that deluding ourselves that it is great, or that it is only in need of a few additions, isn't helping anyone.

I'm certainly no fan of Carragher's, but he was absolutely correct in stating that this squad is in no way the best since the 80's. I personally don't think it is even the best in the last 10 years. A lot of the blame does lay with Martinez, but I think this squad is in major need of repair, and that deluding ourselves that it is great, or that it is only in need of a few additions, isn't helping anyone.
When Rodgers got the sack at Liverpool their squad looked rubbish. 6months with a decent manager and the're looking a lot stronger. Same would happen with us. They don't lack ability as individuals, they're lacking confidence, good coaching and team spirit.

Does the manager cross the white line on the pitch?
Does he wear the Royal Blue Jersey?
No matter what he's done off the pitch, the players are the ones on it and there has been an awful lack of professional pride and desire from them this season.
If the tactics are sh!te, you can still show some fight. We haven't seen that.

I don't disagree at all mate but the players - and captain - the manager sends out on the pitch are the conduit by which he wants his instructions to be enacted.

Look at 'his' players out there today, your Cleverley's, McCarthy's, even people like Lennon who usually at least bothers. Absolutely inept stuff. Funes Mori with that pathetic chest beating tosh. It wasn't even a boss leg crunching tackle, fire and brimstone effort - a snide little half-stamp. Gutless and cowardly.

Let's look for some fight or even general involvement from his backroom staff. They just sit there, looking a bit dazed, probably catatonic still from their ridiculous logic defying wage hikes as they moved from relegated Wigan to Everton.

Yes, players are absolute snides. If Martinez did the right thing and left tonight they'd play up on Saturday, it's the way these horrors work. But Martinez sets the tone.

Reactions: rbm
Everton have a collective fear of Liverpool. Torino have it with Juventus and before Simeone Atletico had it with Real Madrid. We are literally paralysed with fear when we play them. It is the most embarrassing and annoying part of supporting Everton.

It seems to be just the sway it is.

It's a good squad. It's a squad more than capable of being in the top eight, pushing for Europa League, but you're right, it's not a great squad which you'd expect to be around the Champions League places.

But with more effort, pride and organisation, it'd be higher than 11th on 41 points.

Never mind the manager for a moment and all the issues going on with him.
Downright embarrassing this from the current playing group, not only today but throughout the season.

Have a go at the players by all means but in no way can you separate the manager from it.

Have a go at the players by all means but in no way can you separate the manager from it.
Did I say the manager isn't to blame anywhere?
I'm merely saying the players aren't exempt from criticism and share the blame with him.

Did I say the manager isn't to blame anywhere?
I'm merely saying the players aren't exempt from criticism and share the blame with him.

You said forget about Martinez and his problems for a moment but thats utterly impossible if ye wanna discuss the players desire, skill, fitness, mentality whatever ye wanna say. I have nothing against having abrogated players.and.discussing it but it's an oxymoron to take Martinez outbox the equation even for a moment.

You said forget about Martinez and his problems for a moment but thats utterly impossible if ye wanna discuss the players desire, skill, fitness, mentality whatever ye wanna say. I have nothing against having abrogated players.and.discussing it but it's an oxymoron to take Martinez outbox the equation even for a moment.
Not sure why you're being so pedantic but in analysis you separate different aspects from one another all the time...
If you read through the thread the subject matter has been covered in any case.

This Great Club has sooo low standards. We have big name but on the pitch and off the pitch we are really a small club

Players may be poor, bad skilled or slow but no big club (rich or poor) should tolarate the lack of fighting and commitment. That is a small club mentality. That is what lead aston villa to relegation and that is the path we are on. The worst thing is that the head of Everton FC accepts that

Status
Not open for further replies.