Last Film You Watched

Star Trek VI - The Undiscovered Country - George Takei in the Captains chair, political intrigue, crazy mullet Federation president, moustache variations and Klingons doing Shakespeare. Kirk goes Mano a Mano with himself. Is great.
Christopher Plummer spends the entire film unable to believe he's getting paid to do this. Which was more or less how Richard Beymer seemed to feel about Twin Peaks at around the same time.

Really surprising film for me that, I know it got a few Oscar’s etc but really didn’t think I’d like it, but found it enthralling.
Bit like 3 Billboards, didn’t really know anything about it other than it won stuff, but found that fantastic too.
Agreed. The film Wild (reese witherspoon) was interesting for similar, but different reasons. Also the film tracks is on a similar sort of vein, but different too, tho expect it wouldnt be for everyone. How people live in the isolation, and then comes back to the world, dips in and out as it suits, fascinates me.

Planet Of The Apes - How much naked skinny-dipping Charlton Heston is there is in this film?!!? Forgot how big a jerk Taylor really is as well, he's fantastically antagonizing. Their 3 guys 1 girl re-population plan was never gonna work though.

Ultimately Dr Zeus was the good guy. Stone cold classic.

Beneath The Planet Of The Apes - Shoehorns a new lead into the story due to Heston really not wanting to play ball. He repeats Taylor's journey double quick and then stuff gets a bit peculiar. Worth a watch.

Star Trek V - The Final Frontier - Bones getting bladdered and a bit xenophobic on a camping trip, a Vulcan who's down to party and a sexy cat-woman stripper in a very Mos Eisley Cantina feeling bar. Kirk calls out God and then goes Mano a Mano with Him....kind of. Not great.

Star Trek VI - The Undiscovered Country - George Takei in the Captains chair, political intrigue, crazy mullet Federation president, moustache variations and Klingons doing Shakespeare. Kirk goes Mano a Mano with himself. Is great.
On a slightly related note, found this article about The Wrath of Khan concerning Khan's infant son being cut from the final film.

Probably a good choice considering it would have made the film even darker and downbeat

Dredd
View attachment 262991
10:55pm tonight, Film4. Bout the best pickin's there is. Flawed, not least by the 3D element they tried to reintroduce (bellends!) and she only got the job 'cos of the '24' gig.
Someone with a really dark vision will eventually be trusted with the Dredd brand, and give us something bleak and hopeless to endure. Sounds great!
Could make a great tv show

Watched the new Beverly Hills Cop. A lot better than I expected it to be, better than the third one but nowhere near the first 2. Didn’t need to be made but not bad for a bit of nostalgia. A lot better than Coming 2 America, not that’s a particularly high bar though.

Nice little nod in there to the 3rd one being rubbish which I enjoyed.
Do we get another outing of 'Johnny Wishbone'?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back