Last Film You Watched

He`s the one and only thing wrong with Blade Runner 2049.

He has bit part in American Psycho and hadn`t yet crawled up in his own bottom in Fight Club.
And I'd add Requiem for a Dream to that list. A movie that is as equally depressing as it is good.

But yes mate, I agree with you. Everything else that he has done is just, well to put it bluntly, goddamn awful.

From his portrayal of The Joker as some sort of cryarse emo that would only appeal to a 16 year girl, to his music which would also only appeal to a 16 year girl... Which is why I doubt there's even one 30 Seconds to Mars video posted in the music thread. 🤦‍♂️

And I'd add Requiem for a Dream to that list. A movie that is as equally depressing as it is good.

But yes mate, I agree with you. Everything else that he has done is just, well to put it bluntly, goddamn awful.

From his portrayal of The Joker as some sort of cryarse emo that would only appeal to a 16 year girl, to his music which would also only appeal to a 16 year girl... Which is why I doubt there's even one 30 Seconds to Mars video posted in the music thread. 🤦‍♂️

They’ve done some great songs & videos.

They’ve done some great songs & videos.
I wouldn't doubt that's there's at least a couple of tunes that pass the decency grade...

What from some of the stuff I've heard... Nah!

I can't remember which song it was, but I was watching the music video, and he was wailing on like some sort of killer whale making a mating call under the ocean, so I put it on mute.
But that just made me more angry, because was prancing around like some sort of emo fashion male model who so much emotional pain that it was literally killing him.

🤦‍♂️

Agreed. There were no happy endings for anyone in that film!

Well, except for Keith David... The actor who got Jennifer Connelly and that other woman to get naked and then go ass to ass with a dildo. :eek:

He mostly does voice acting for kids cartoons now.

Loved him as King in Platoon though.

Keith David, shares my mum's name, which is why I always remember him.

Don't Blink

A group of ten friends head up to a remote cabin for holidays and find it completely deserted among other strange things. Then they all start vanishing into thin air one by one.

Decent tension as it went along, Brian "Beverley Hills 90210" Austin-Green is really rather good as is Joanne Kelly but
fair warning it's one of those unexplained 'open' endings that I found quite annoying.

Bit of googling shows the director claiming everything is in there somewhere and there's a couple of sub Doctor Who theories knocking about but I'm not convinced.

Watched IF tonight with my little boy.

Girl tries to get old Imaginary Friends back with their grown up kids.

Ryan Reynolds is in for no reason other that he is a name but the film is very heartwarming and written and directed by Jim from The Office aka John Krasinski.

Calm with Horses
Been wanting to watch this for years, finally got round to it. Enjoyed it, a simple film, with no real menace, an easy watch, if it was darker it would be Bull I suppose.

Some stand out performances by Niamh Algar and Cosmo Jarvis.

Like Bull, a low budget film, that shows with the right people in charge and the right cast, you can still make good films.

I think Bull wins quite comfortably for being incredibly disturbing and unsettling though.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back