Last Film You Watched

Peter Jackson made some pretty good casting choices but what on earth was he thinking? Mind you he wanted Connery for Gandalf and Bowie for Elrond. Stuart Townsend got cast instead of Cage and was a douche on set so got fired but Viggo only took the role cos his kid was a nerd and made him change his mind from saying no. Perhaps PJ got lucky.

Bowie would have been good but yeah Connery, that was a lucky break.

73f72124123a65f86205b1893fa0d699e3658adb2ca71659d2b08ae0b64c61c8.jpg

3:20pm channel5 uk.

Managed to catch a few films this week

Civil War - Enjoyed it, particulalry that scene with the tipper truck was great.

Talk to Me - Delivered more than expected it too, thought it was a good idea, and the ending wasn't bad.

LongLegs - thought this was superb, loved everything about it. Recommended

Alien Romulus.

A good start to the film, a middling middle and a silly ending that was already visited in the abysmal 4th film.

David Jonsson is truly outstanding, the biggest reason to watch the film for me. By far and away the best performance and I’m looking forward to his next turn. The film played out like the director either ran out of ideas or the ‘money men’ got involved.

Unfortunately there is a lot of shameless scenes and dialogue taken straight from the other films in the franchise which are mostly cringeworthy as is some of the CGI. I laughed out loud at least 3 times to the fellow cinema goers disgust. Even the iconic spacesuit scene in Alien where Sigourney weaver’s 70’s beaver was edited out has had a reimagining in boxer shorts…

Lots to like, lots to dislike. The best Alien films are still the first 3 for me.

Last edited:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back