Last Film You Watched

Started watching The Perfect Couple with Nicole Kidman, got to episode 2 but Nicole's static face mask too off putting, Isabelle Adjani the same too. Why can't they age naturally? They nice looking women they would just be older nice looking women

Just rewatched Beetlejuice (1988), I remember seeing this as a kid but now as an adult i am suprised this was a PG film. I understand it’s meant to be a dark comedy but wow how did it get a PG rating I will never know I guess it was a sign of the times back then but there are some dark themes of suicide and death that is probably unsuitable for little kids. Also found out the father in the film is a sex offender so makes sense he was not invited back for the sequel.

Haven’t seen the new film yet but I probably will. I know some people on here didn’t rate it but I will probably still give it a go.

Just rewatched Beetlejuice (1988), I remember seeing this as a kid but now as an adult i am suprised this was a PG film. I understand it’s meant to be a dark comedy but wow how did it get a PG rating I will never know I guess it was a sign of the times back then but there are some dark themes of suicide and death that is probably unsuitable for little kids. Also found out the father in the film is a sex offender so makes sense he was not invited back for the sequel.

Haven’t seen the new film yet but I probably will. I know some people on here didn’t rate it but I will probably still give it a go.
The masturbatory note
The brothel
The abject violence

If you watch really really carefully you can see some reused elements in Batman (1989) a year later.

There's a lot of the ghostest with the mostest in the Joker, it's almost like Burton wanted Keaton playing both the Joker and Bruce Wayne. Clever huh.

The masturbatory note
The brothel
The abject violence

If you watch really really carefully you can see some reused elements in Batman (1989) a year later.

There's a lot of the ghostest with the mostest in the Joker, it's almost like Burton wanted Keaton playing both the Joker and Bruce Wayne. Clever huh.

There is also the scene where he kisses / snogs Barbara without her permission and makes sexual references about her and then then underlying theme of underage marriage with a child which has paedophilia conotations as well.

There is also the scene where he kisses / snogs Barbara without her permission and makes sexual references about her and then then underlying theme of underage marriage with a child which has paedophilia conotations as well.
upskirting.
and I might be wrong but some suggestions toward necrophilia?
forced marriage.
grave robbing.

I mean, when all's told, the bad guy loses, and he's a demon of sorts in the afterlife that can haunt the living out of their worldly homes. It's camp cartoon kitsch and I suspect fell on the humours of the censors of the time. There's worse examples I reckon from that era.

Go give Keaton a whirl in 'Pacific Heights' to see a real villain.

Just re watched captain Phillips, how Tom Hanks didn’t get an Oscar for that, I’ll never know? Great movie!
Lead Actor was a tough category that year. It's not a wild decision to give it to McConaughey in Dallas Buyer's Club over Hanks in Captain Phillips.

Not entirely sure Bale should have got a nomination for American Hustle though. Like that film and he is good but Oscar good??

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back