Latch V Sharpy

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends what you are looking for, Latchford got a goal every other game, Sharpy a goal every 3 games. Latchford would walk into our team instead of DCL, Sharpy would be a great player together with DCL. However as a pairing, Latchford and Sharpy together would have been magnificent......

All-round play and goals wise, it has to be Sharpy for me. But I'm going for Big Bob simply because, for some reason, I could never (and still can't) take to Graeme Sharp.
I can’t take to Sharp the man, but my heart and head go with Sharp every time, he even missed a penalty at Goodison versus Liverpool but for all round ability, skill and aggression it has to be Sharp for me.

I met Bob at Aston Villa after he retired spent a good twenty minutes in his company, lovely modest man who loved his time at Everton, I would love to choose him but got to give an honest answer: Sharp every time for me.

Sharp had a great knack of jumping early and hanging in the air. Really put defenders off. I’d probably marginally choose him, although my memories of latchford are limited as I was young.
Any takers for a fully fit dunc in his prime?

Depends what you are looking for, Latchford got a goal every other game, Sharpy a goal every 3 games. Latchford would walk into our team instead of DCL, Sharpy would be a great player together with DCL. However as a pairing, Latchford and Sharpy together would have been magnificent......
Yep all his partners up front with us really didn't cut the mustard,smallman,Pearson,Walsh etc,we really should have pushed the boat out for Trevor Francis who latch partnered at Brum,what a combo that would have been.

Yep all his partners up front with us really didn't cut the mustard,smallman,Pearson,Walsh etc,we really should have pushed the boat out for Trevor Francis who latch partnered at Brum,what a combo that would have been.
Or his other strike partner, Taylor I think his name was.

Latch for me. Probably because those years coincided with my most passionate support for the team and travelling away. He was the focal point of the club. Looking on old games when Sharp was scoring for fun, it was a hard decision but Bob for me. Left wondering if Latchford would have been as successful in that mid eighties team.

Yep Spencer really was the bottom of the barrel type of player. Barlow was dreadful but at least ran around and tried to cause the odd moment plus slotted the odd goal.
Spoke to Stuey at a sportsmans do he was on with Sheeds and Pyscho Pat,the MC kept saying two Everton legends and Stuart Barlow,probably true but a bit tight as he was only filling in as someone else had dropped out lol , anyhow when I was chatting to him I told him I remembered his goal at Goodison the following midweek against Ipswich which was a fantastic strike after the "Rosenthal" derby at the pit ,I couldn't remember although I was there but Stuey told me after a drab first half,Howie brought him on, and suddenly we started opening them up, he had about four one on ones which he got in on but muffed them all,of course they won it in injury time with their one chance of the second half, in Stueys own words he went home and just didn't want to leave the house as he felt he had truly let us down, he went into training on Monday and Howie was naming his team for the next night against Ipswich,in his words it was the only game in his life he ever wanted to be left out for but Howie told him,"Stuey,you're in" he scored that screamer and we were all like,Christ why couldn't you have done that Saturdaylolanyhow he may have been...errr not the best to have played for us, but I got the impression he gave everything he could have which is all you can ask, was a top fella who could take the mickey out of himself and still a big Evertonian.

Loved both of them.
I agree with @eggthat Sharpy was the better all round player.
I was also lucky enough to play a round of golf with Sharpy and a few beers after and can confirm that he is a really top bloke.

Spoke to Stuey at a sportsmans do he was on with Sheeds and Pyscho Pat,the MC kept saying two Everton legends and Stuart Barlow,probably true but a bit tight as he was only filling in as someone else had dropped out lol , anyhow when I was chatting to him I told him I remembered his goal at Goodison the following midweek against Ipswich which was a fantastic strike after the "Rosenthal" derby at the pit ,I couldn't remember although I was there but Stuey told me after a drab first half,Howie brought him on, and suddenly we started opening them up, he had about four one on ones which he got in on but muffed them all,of course they won it in injury time with their one chance of the second half, in Stueys own words he went home and just didn't want to leave the house as he felt he had truly let us down, he went into training on Monday and Howie was naming his team for the next night against Ipswich,in his words it was the only game in his life he ever wanted to be left out for but Howie told him,"Stuey,you're in" he scored that screamer and we were all like,Christ why couldn't you have done that Saturdaylolanyhow he may have been...errr not the best to have played for us, but I got the impression he gave everything he could have which is all you can ask, was a top fella who could take the mickey out of himself and still a big Evertonian.

That was some goal that Barlow one against Ipswich.

I remember him scoring twice away against Ipswich as well in a rare 2-0 away win. Missed both of the goals as I'd gone to the toilet twice lol

Status
Not open for further replies.