Latest Accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mull the statistics over, muse about where it leaves the club, speculate about the possibilities now open with debt reduction and increasing revenue...I'll guarantee you that, regardless of all that, in 5 years time we'll still be owned by the same people, still penny pinching in the transfer market, and still dreaming up stadium schemes that never come to fruition.

Christmas Eve 1999. The blackest day in Everton's history when Kenwright and his fellow carpet baggers seized ownership of the club.
couldnt of put it any better myself

Southampton got a new ground £32m, so £1m per 1000 seats. How many seats do we need?

It's not quite that easy mate. A whole lot more goes into it than that. The cost of an extension costs a whole lot more per seat than a new build, unless the expansion was designed in at the initial build.

Has anybody commented on the discrepancy between the official accounts and the Elstone presentation that was made at the AGM in April (link to thread)? At first glance I see a rather large difference in the debt, in the commercial income and in the turnover figures. OK, I would have expected that fan forums are not paying that much attention to such figures, but it seems like the journos have the attention span of an absent minded squirrel.

Debt sounds lovely when you see that's reduced from £45m to £28m...

Until you factor in the notes *

It was £48m debt at May 2014, until the club repaid the £20m loan from Vibrac in August just gone, which has reduced the debt to the reported £28m figure.

The club has then taken out ANOTHER new loan, with Vibrac for an amount unknown, the numbers have been redacted on the charge sheets, obviously confidential.

So essentially our net debt at this moment in time is in fact £28m + £ Vibrac Loan, anything from £10m to £20m going on previous dealings with Vibrac. Net debt would appear to currently be anything from £38m to £48m at this moment.

The club appears to be able to sustain such borrowings, although it'd be nice for a change to hear that someone lying on a beach sipping a mojito isn't making a few million quid from our club.

*PS I'm no accountant lol

A whole lot more goes into it than that. The cost of an extension costs a whole lot more per seat than a new build, unless the expansion was designed in at the initial build.
I've heard this said a number of times, but have to confess I can't understand why. After all, if you're only extending a stand the basic infrastructure is already there.

In the context of what all would probably agree is a club whose commercial acumen is poor, have we decided if a record operating profit ( pre-transfers ) is a good thing yet ?

Mull the statistics over, muse about where it leaves the club, speculate about the possibilities now open with debt reduction and increasing revenue...I'll guarantee you that, regardless of all that, in 5 years time we'll still be owned by the same people, still penny pinching in the transfer market, and still dreaming up stadium schemes that never come to fruition.

Christmas Eve 1999. The blackest day in Everton's history when Kenwright and his fellow carpet baggers seized ownership of the club.
You must have the shortest memory In history, as I remember with the previous owners , we sold our best player every year , we were in a relegation fight every year and the fans were protesting.

Now we are generally speaking keeping our best players, we are a top six side and have just spent 28 mill on one player, that just seems a slight improvement.

You must have the shortest memory In history, as I remember with the previous owners , we sold our best player every year , we were in a relegation fight every year and the fans were protesting.

Now we are generally speaking keeping our best players, we are a top six side and have just spent 28 mill on one player, that just seems a slight improvement.

Hi Bill

I'll guarantee you that, regardless of all that, in 5 years time we'll still be owned by the same people, still penny pinching in the transfer market, and still dreaming up stadium schemes that never come to fruition.

When you're ready to refute that, I'll be happy to respond.

LOL

LOL

Yeah, Bill pumped 120m into the club, it totally wasnt Sky.

Status
Not open for further replies.