Latest Takeover Rumour. The Moores / Noell one

Are you For or Against the idea of the possible Moores / Noell takeover ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You've got the money yeah? Yes.
You sure now? Yes.
Seriously though? Yes.

Right so.
If there was only the one prospective buyer then I would agree with you.
I'm hoping that with there possibly being options at this time, Everton can go and ask the prospective buyers what their intentions are post sale. What are their plans? I think Bill will at least ask for a detailed report of that himself, if nobody else on the Board cares.
Making the "correct" choice? Your guess is as good as mine.

If there was only the one prospective buyer then I would agree with you.
I'm hoping that with there possibly being options at this time, Everton can go and ask the prospective buyers what their intentions are post sale. What are their plans? I think Bill will at least ask for a detailed report of that himself, if nobody else on the Board cares.
Making the "correct" choice? Your guess is as good as mine.

He almost sold us to a hoaxer he met in a hotel,
... a good handshake is proof enough for Bill

An article, originally from the financial times, from a few hours ago, seemingly inspired partly by the Everton-American consortium situation.

http://nicosiamoneynews.com/2016/01/01/premier-league-footballs-game-changer/

I sense it is going to happen pretty soon, hopefully.
I dont think the recent profitability of PL clubs can be the attraction, as the article suggests. There's no way they're coming in and bursting the culture of the game here whereby taking cash out of a club is frowned upon. They're deferring profits to the time they can sell on the club they buy.

"There is a separate holding company for the ground and the match day [and] one for the revenues from television rights. It is complicated to break it all down and see what the break clauses are. There is £45m to £50m of debt. Three directors, including Bill Kenwright, own 68 per cent. A few larger shareholders take that up to 75 per cent and then the rest is individuals.”

Rich Luker, founder of the ESPN Sports Poll. “Our projection is that within 20 years soccer will have passed basketball and baseball among all age groups. It could get there within 10 years, the way the trajectory is going.”

:O:O:O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back