Latest Takeover Rumour. The Moores / Noell one

Are you For or Against the idea of the possible Moores / Noell takeover ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair a Swansea fan was hardly going to come on here telling us how great these guys are after they didn't get taken over by them.

Well to be fair, I'd rather still have a club than be bled dry by someone who has a history of taking cash and running. Unlike you guys we aren't a huge club with a big history, therefore if things went tits up for you chances are you'd come out the other side. Us, however...

Well to be fair, I'd rather still have a club than be bled dry by someone who has a history of taking cash and running. Unlike you guys we aren't a huge club with a big history, therefore if things went tits up for you chances are you'd come out the other side. Us, however...
But they don't have a history of that. Moores owned the Padres for 17 years and only sold them because he was forced to. There are certainly other issues with them and I'm not convinced they'd be great owners, but where in their history do you see them taking the cash and running?

But they don't have a history of that. Moores owned the Padres for 17 years and only sold them because he was forced to. There are certainly other issues with them and I'm not convinced they'd be great owners, but where in their history do you see them taking the cash and running?
Only then, to be fair.

Plus based upon what we know from the trust minutes they looked like they were going to use us as a cash cow. The ones who've come out of this with bloody noses are some of our board. Their mantra of "by fans, for fans" has proven to be an urban myth on a par with the Loch Ness Monster.

Cos it stinks, honestly it does, neither of these people are rich enough to kick us on.

Plus they are both 70+, not like they are gonna do anything but get in, clean us out and get out.

We need a takeover, but not these clowns.

Anyway, they wont be given as much leeway as Bill has got, when the sh1t starts hitting the fan, these cowboys will be scrambling for their private jets.

This is where I'm at with the whole thing.

Let's all entertain the notion that there are one or two other groups that are looking at Everton seriously.
Bill and co will do their own "due diligence" surely(?) on all prospective buyers.
In granting these two exclusivity until the end of January, could that be the Club's ploy to make the other parties come to the table with something more?
Or, is this about accepting who offers the most to buy, regardless of who offers more for Everton post purchase?

Let's all entertain the notion that there are one or two other groups that are looking at Everton seriously.
Bill and co will do their own "due diligence" surely(?) on all prospective buyers.
In granting these two exclusivity until the end of January, could that be the Club's ploy to make the other parties come to the table with something more?
Or, is this about accepting who offers the most to buy, regardless of who offers more for Everton post purchase?

You've got the money yeah? Yes.
You sure now? Yes.
Seriously though? Yes.

Right so.

I'm in favour even if it's a lateral move. There would be more pressure from the fans if it weren't a blue in charge, at the moment the supporters are far too complacent.

Only then, to be fair.

Plus based upon what we know from the trust minutes they looked like they were going to use us as a cash cow. The ones who've come out of this with bloody noses are some of our board. Their mantra of "by fans, for fans" has proven to be an urban myth on a par with the Loch Ness Monster.
Only when? When he was forced to sell the team after owning it for seventeen years?

...these sound like yahoos to me like, but it'd be out of the frying pan into the frying pan as far as a shift from Green and Earl are concerned.

I'm sure some Yank newspaper reporting a move by those two for a US sports 'franchise' would present their involvement in Everton in a similar alarmist manner.
Sounds like they want a link between the two teams..

Everton and the San Diego Blues....:Blink::eek:

Cos it stinks, honestly it does, neither of these people are rich enough to kick us on.

Plus they are both 70+, not like they are gonna do anything but get in, clean us out and get out.

We need a takeover, but not these clowns.

Anyway, they wont be given as much leeway as Bill has got, when the sh1t starts hitting the fan, these cowboys will be scrambling for their private jets.
I agree. But I think many/most have the feeling that this lot will serve a purpose: break the log jam of the stadium situation before jetting off. Also, the view seems to be that you have to go through a couple off takeovers to get to the promised land.

Preferable would be a 50+1 rule as per the Bundesliga where clubs are majority owned by fans/members but able to spin off part of the shareholding to get corporate cash in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back