Latest Takeover Rumour. The Moores / Noell one

Are you For or Against the idea of the possible Moores / Noell takeover ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do people think the sale would be leveraged?

Not saying it wouldn't or couldn't be, but we have almost no information on how any sort of deal would be financed. The only tiny bit of relevant information out there is Moores' initial purchase of the Padres, which I don't think was leveraged. Has anyone seen any other actual information (not just rumor)?

Why do people think the sale would be leveraged?

Not saying it wouldn't or couldn't be, but we have almost no information on how any sort of deal would be financed. The only tiny bit of relevant information out there is Moores' initial purchase of the Padres, which I don't think was leveraged. Has anyone seen any other actual information (not just rumor)?

Cos its what clever people do.

Most successful businessmen dont risk their own money.

Plus the business history of this group suggests they buy undervalued assets and sell for profit. They don't exactly seem to be the sort to risk their skin.
The only sports-related business history related to anyone we know about in this group is the Padres, though, which wasn't that way at all. I'm not sure what else you're seeing in their business history of buying undervalued assets and selling for profit, either. Moores made his fortune building a software company from the ground up, and then increased it in venture capital (which is exactly the opposite of buying undervalued assets and selling for profit). What am I missing?

The only sports-related business history related to anyone we know about in this group is the Padres, though, which wasn't that way at all. I'm not sure what else you're seeing in their business history of buying undervalued assets and selling for profit, either. Moores made his fortune building a software company from the ground up, and then increased it in venture capital (which is exactly the opposite of buying undervalued assets and selling for profit). What am I missing?

Pretty much everything.

Pretty much everything.
Care to expand? I'm not really arguing in favor of Moores and Noelle or anything -- I really just don't have a lot of information. I know they've got some dodgy ethical stuff related to their VC firm, which is very troubling, but I honestly haven't seen any of the leveraging or asset stripping that everyone seems so worried about. That obviously doesn't mean it can't exist -- I'm not a financial expert or anything and haven't done extensive research -- but if you have any examples of them doing it I'd be very interested.

Pretty much everything.

And the bit were they paid the lowest wages in baseball for years on end, or when Moores tried to sell the Padres to a guy who was definitely using leveraged finance, only for the league admin to prevent the sale because the man Moores wanted to sell to was considered too dodgy.

The 'success' of this Padres team is on a par with Tranmere winning the Division Three playoffs so that they reached Division Two for the first time since the 1930's, and then reached the Division Two (Championship) playoffs on three occasions in 93, 94 and 95. In fact Tranmere's achievements are probably greater than that of the Padres, and this Moore's feller has Peter Johnson written all over him.

Stipping a football team of it assests is no way to make money. Look at Villa, no one will buy them and they are going down. To make money off a football team you invest, you dont sell its best players, buy crap players then get relagated.
The Prem is a cash cow, you wouldnt buy Everton for 300mil, then sell the best players(Barkley,Stones,Lukaku) youd get 120mil. But get the team relagated. As you face a massive loss and no one will buy Everton for 200mil in the championship

Stipping a football team of it assests is no way to make money. Look at Villa, no one will buy them and they are going down. To make money off a football team you invest, you dont sell its best players, buy crap players then get relagated.
The Prem is a cash cow, you wouldnt buy Everton for 300mil, then sell the best players(Barkley,Stones,Lukaku) youd get 120mil. But get the team relagated. As you face a massive loss and no one will buy Everton for 200mil in the championship
We have to keep hold of our star assets in january or we will never get any buyer!

We have to keep hold of our star assets in january or we will never get any buyer!
None are leaving in January. Not counting Mirallas and Naismith.
The only thing stopping an exodus beginning in the Summer is a takeover and indication of ambition from the new owners.

We just have to hope that the new owners whoever they are, see the potential of Everton, which is 100 mil from being a top 4 team and more riches, then stripping us off our assists then trying to sell us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back