Latest Takeover Rumour. The Moores / Noell one

Are you For or Against the idea of the possible Moores / Noell takeover ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The way deals like this usually work is that Moores and Noell will invest their own money alongside a group of other very high net worth investors in an investment vehicle which acquires either the majority or all of the Everton shares. Through a management company owned by M&N they will "manage" the monies invested by these other parties. In return they will receive management fees and most likely a % of the profits when the other investors realise (sell) their investment. In order to maximise returns often the investments made are leveraged by the use of debt.

just found one of them

guy-riding-bicycle-lawnmower.jpeg

If it's any consolation the fact that the club are so water tight on what's going on at present suggests that completion is very close and in all probability they are only dealing with one party who are remaining equally circumspect.

I liked this post purely for the use of the word 'circumspect'. Criminally underused in my opinion. Nice job mate.

I'm genuinely excited by the thought of a new outlook at the club, it feels like we are possibly at the start of something.

It's not even about who has the most money, the entire club needs freshening up.

A new board will bring new ideas, their own people (bye bye Elstone) and hopefully fresh focus on a new or renovated stadium and getting our training ground back.

I'd love to see an end to outsourcing, kitbag and the 'old' Everton mentality. By that I mean the likes of Howard, Osman and Hibbert should be thanked and sent on their way this summer. People say they are Everton, I'd much rather see hungry, young players and older ones with winning mentalities than lads who are a great laugh within Finch Farm.

My one hope is that we become a more ruthless club, one that isn't satisfied with plodding along and if it feels everyone isn't after the best, it discards them and we find stronger characters.

Think I'm still bevvied but I want an Everton that genuinely aspires to be the best at everything it does. At the moment I don't get that from the club.

I cannot help but feel the takeover will follow similar lines to the chat on here regarding transfers.

We hear of players the club has targeted , usually players that have the best years well behind them, there is a lot of fume and outrage about lack of funds and lack of ambition.
We then sign somebody that has never been mentioned and after an initial bout of optimism there is a return to the usual fume that Stoke or Watford or West Ham or just about everybody has bought better and cheaper and we are being left behind for the twelfth year in a row.

The takeover has already moved through several familiar stages. We have been told of the interested parties and the price and nature of the deal, which is really only guesswork. The takeover when it does happen may be the parties mentioned, the parties mentioned plus others, completely different investors.
The deal will almost definitely be framed in a way that has not been mentioned and after an initial bout of optimism we will be back to fume.

I cannot help but feel the takeover will follow similar lines to the chat on here regarding transfers.

We hear of players the club has targeted , usually players that have the best years well behind them, there is a lot of fume and outrage about lack of funds and lack of ambition.
We then sign somebody that has never been mentioned and after an initial bout of optimism there is a return to the usual fume that Stoke or Watford or West Ham or just about everybody has bought better and cheaper and we are being left behind for the twelfth year in a row.

The takeover has already moved through several familiar stages. We have been told of the interested parties and the price and nature of the deal, which is really only guesswork. The takeover when it does happen may be the parties mentioned, the parties mentioned plus others, completely different investors.
The deal will almost definitely be framed in a way that has not been mentioned and after an initial bout of optimism we will be back to fume.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimistic then ?

What familiar stages has it gone through ? Its all been rumour followed by rumour

Remember going for a pint,to celebrate when Bill was our new owner,full of optimism. Oh dear, bit of a let down,let's hope the new owners who ever they may be,will be good for Everton. Please.

Everton arrive back from Dubai today\tomorrow.

Im hoping against hope that this is when things will start happening - surely they would want Roberto at press conferences etc ? maybe a player or two ?

Everton arrive back from Dubai today\tomorrow.

Im hoping against hope that this is when things will start happening - surely they would want Roberto at press conferences etc ? maybe a player or two ?

good point, you'd think they would want roberto to show a united front

So what you're saying is you don't just want success, you want it now.
If you saw Hickson play you should know how the world works and it darned don't work like that.
I mentioned the fact that I saw Hickson play to illustrate the position of supporters of my vintage. It was meant to be funny but you
didn't pick that up. Your response comes across as you being angry with what I said, but you probably aren't.

Yes, I would like success now. I don't expect or demand it, I just for wish it.

But do you really pay attention to posters who think Stoke,West Ham and Watford have signed better players than Lukaku,Stones and Mori?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back