Latest Takeover Rumour. The Moores / Noell one

Are you For or Against the idea of the possible Moores / Noell takeover ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly... the last team to try this has spend approx. 20 million/player to build at least four teams' worth of talent that doesn't start over the last five years, with 35 million for Andy Carroll the cherry on the cake.

It doesn't really make sense to compare business experience with the San Diego team because American sports are cartels, not businesses. The tax payer bears virtually all the expenses, and even TV and merchandise is equally divided between the franchises. If you aren't happy with your extortion rates, you can move somewhere else that will subside you even more. In most of the leagues the owners collude to dampen wages well below market rates. And, you are rewarded for ineptitude with talent. A key element of "Moneyball" in practice is deliberately sabotaging the team because there's no relegation and you get rewarded with the best talent at artificially deflated wages. Had a rough year Tooting and Mitcham? Have Ross Barkley on 2000/week for seven years.

If the deal does happen, it might theoretically improve us, but the track record of things getting much, much worse is significant. Is there a single case of American ownership dramatically improving a team's fortunes? Even the best examples feature massive debt-loading, and effigy burning

I think some of you need to get a little more up to speed on the "Moneyball" approach, if that's what you want to call it. It has nothing to do with what you're suggesting.

Who knows what is going on but current management has not invested a penny and sold everything to pay and fund operations with dodgy loans to fund cash flow at high rates. If they invested $ to build a stadium and bought finch farm back we would be far better off. That would be the best way to make a profit in an eventual sale.

I was hoping for the Sporting KC GROUP personally as they know the sport and have done well in the MLS. Plus provides a better tie in commercially with a sister club and fan base.

I guess we'll see what happens

The club has stagnated for over 25 years, this has to be a move in the right direction.
I hope so but im still unsure about everything. I don't know what I want to be honest, don't want w billionaire because I hate the fact Chelsea and City win things because of money, I hate the fact all these so called fans start supporting them I couldn't have that at Everton looking at them would drive me mad with their cameras and scarves and everything. Even iPads.

Just hope it is a move in the RIGHT direction.

I hope so but im still unsure about everything. I don't know what I want to be honest, don't want w billionaire because I hate the fact Chelsea and City win things because of money, I hate the fact all these so called fans start supporting them I couldn't have that at Everton looking at them would drive me mad with their cameras and scarves and everything. Even iPads.

Just hope it is a move in the RIGHT direction.
I'd have a billionaire everyday of the week if it meant we would be winning things once again.

I agree, the Kansas City group seemed more promising

The club has stagnated for over 25 years, this has to be a move in the right direction.

Things could get so much worse. Look at Villa... or Fulham for that matter. Remember Fulham? It's "stagnation" when you want to be in the Champions League, but it will have been "stability" when you're fighting relegation (or for promotion).

This can also happen when you're bought by foreign owners:
blackburn_1958713a.jpg

I agree, the Kansas City group seemed more promising

Things could get so much worse. Look at Villa... or Fulham for that matter. Remember Fulham? It's "stagnation" when you want to be in the Champions League, but it will have been "stability" when you're fighting relegation (or for promotion).

This can also happen when you're bought by foreign owners:
blackburn_1958713a.jpg

In fairness that can happen when bought by any owner if they are crap!

Status
Not open for further replies.