• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

League of Ireland 2021 - SSE Airtricity LOI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nice end to the season...trophy awarded tonight.

Disappointing end for us, losing out to UCD in the play off. Doubt we will kept Brian Maher next season (Everton should be knocking his door down imo) and presumably Kavanagh will head back to yourselves - will give Jack Byrne a run fir his money. Best player I've aeen in the 1st division in years.

EDIT jesus my spelling is atrocious

Disappointing end for us, losing out to UCD in the play off. Doubt we will kept Brian Maher next season (Everton should be knocking his door down imo) and presumably Kavanagh will head back to yourselves - will give Jack Byrne a run fir his money. Best player I've aeen in the 1st division in years.

EDIT jesus my spelling is atrocious
Maher could be off to Derry (like half the country it seems). Maher is an excellent keeper but probably isnt tall enough to attract interest from a club like Everton, Colin Healy spoke very highly of him on a podcast down here last week but he is minimum going to a PD club but he definitely leaving Bray. Georgie Kelly leaving Bohs, waiting on a couple of UK based options and then Derry is his 3rd choice by all accounts.

Maher could be off to Derry (like half the country it seems). Maher is an excellent keeper but probably isnt tall enough to attract interest from a club like Everton, Colin Healy spoke very highly of him on a podcast down here last week but he is minimum going to a PD club but he definitely leaving Bray. Georgie Kelly leaving Bohs, waiting on a couple of UK based options and then Derry is his 3rd choice by all accounts.
I hear you on the height but his distribution and shot stopping is phenomenal - I've watched him all year. Great reader of the game.

Reminds a lot of Pickford tbh.

I've ordered a copy of John Caulfields book. You know something despite what the critics say, he did a very good job as City manager. Perhaps if he was left stay on as manager, then City would still be a top flight club now? Of course the football mightn't have been the most attractive, but it's the league of Ireland not Real Madrid or Barcelona. It's blatantly obvious that the people running the club that time were clueless imo.

I've ordered a copy of John Caulfields book. You know something despite what the critics say, he did a very good job as City manager. Perhaps if he was left stay on as manager, then City would still be a top flight club now? Of course the football mightn't have been the most attractive, but it's the league of Ireland not Real Madrid or Barcelona. It's blatantly obvious that the people running the club that time were clueless imo.
Only seeing this now and I couldn't disagree more, he broke the club, spent an absolute fortune on absolute rubbish in 2019, of course he was allowed to by a weak bom who lied to members about finances. Then when the "new board" came in and saw the mess, John started the whole new board are wet behind the ears bs in the media. He gave us great years but did himself a lot of damage on the way out IMHO. If the bom didn't change then it is 100% certain CCFC would have went the way of previous Cork clubs and would no longer exist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back