• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

League of Ireland 2021 - SSE Airtricity LOI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some consolation for me on this otherwise day of horror, as Rovers win 1-0 at Longford. 16 points clear of St Pat's who can get a max of 18 from their last 6 matches.

A win next week at home to Finn Harps would wrap it up.

In Dublin al day today. Cleared my office ahead of my early retirement in 4 weeks.

Enjoying a relaxing afternoon before heading to Tallaght.

Should be a sellout and hopefully Rovers clinch the title with a win.

Enjoy the game mate. Rovers dominant first half. Hope we don't hammer Harps, like most Rovers fan have a soft spot for them.

Ref is giving Rovers nothing. Glad we have the 2 goals.
We've managed to lose to bottom of the league Wexford andso now have our bogey team Galway in the play offs.

Best of luck DBN! I have a soft spot for Bray because of the legendary Evertonian and Wanderer, Joe Bollard.

My Dad and I used to go from home in Foxrock to the Shillelagh to hear him play in the 80s.

Of course my parents moved to Delgany Park in 1990, so even more reason to take an interest.

I think I posted before about the Carlisle Grounds (Irish Sea) and Sligo's Showgrounds (the Atlantic) being the coldest LOI grounds I was in!! ? ?

I hope Harps can stay up. A good well run club. I remember Everton beating them 5-0 in each leg in the UEFA Cup in 1978. Just checked the scorers:

King 2, Thomas, Latch, Walsh away;
King, Latch, Walsh, Ross, Dobson home.

19 Titles now. ❤??

Ref is giving Rovers nothing. Glad we have the 2 goals.

Best of luck DBN! I have a soft spot for Bray because of the legendary Evertonian and Wanderer, Joe Bollard.

My Dad and I used to go from home in Foxrock to the Shillelagh to hear him play in the 80s.

Of course my parents moved to Delgany Park in 1990, so even more reason to take an interest.

I think I posted before about the Carlisle Grounds (Irish Sea) and Sligo's Showgrounds (the Atlantic) being the coldest LOI grounds I was in!! ? ?

I hope Harps can stay up. A good well run club. I remember Everton beating them 5-0 in each leg in the UEFA Cup in 1978. Just checked the scorers:

King 2, Thomas, Latch, Walsh away;
King, Latch, Walsh, Ross, Dobson home.

19 Titles now. ❤??
We'll have that pint someday in the Orchard BR

Looking forward to reading tne Ringsend to Tallaght book - especially Rico's pages - a salubrious read no doubt.

Is that book on the homeless years or what?

No Nero.

Rovers were founded in Ringsend by the Cunninghams - the late great Maureen O'Hara, who was born Fitzsimons in 1920, was a life long Rovers fan after her Dad invested in the Club.

I remember too well the pain of losing Milltown straight after winning four league titles, the last three being Doubles.

The homeless years were horrible, Tolka, Dalymount and Santry completely alien to Rovers' roots in D4 and D6. At least the RDS from 1990 saw the crowds return, and a league title under the late great Rayo Treacy in 93/4.

We played at Richmond Park and again at Tolka before finally agreeing that the promised land would be a new stadium at Tallaght.

The antics of Thomas Davis GAC caused years of further delay and left a very sour taste, even though I am a major supporter of GAA both in Dublin and in my adopted home of Kilkenny since 1990.

The book should be great, and I have ordered it from the Club shop. €20 & €6 p&p.

Last edited:
No Nero.

Rovers were founded in Ringsend by the Cunninghams - the late great Maureen O'Hara, who was born Fitzsimons in 1920, was a life long Rovers fan after her Dad invested in the Club.

I remember too well the pain of losing Milltown straight after winning four league titles, the last three being Doubles.

The homeless years were horrible, Tolka, Dalymount and Santry completely alien to Rovers' roots in D4 and D6. At least the RDS from 1990 saw the crowds return, and a league title under the late great Rayo Treacy in 93/4.

We played at Richmond Park and again at Tolka before finally agreeing that the promised land would be a new stadium at Tallaght.

The antics of Thomas Davis GAC caused years of further delay and left a very sour taste, even though I am a major supporter of GAA both in Dublin and in my adopted home of Kilkenny since 1990.

The book should be great, and I have ordered it from the Club shop. €20 & €6 p&p.
There's a documentary due out early next year on the homeless years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back