• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

League of Ireland 2021 - SSE Airtricity LOI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love a win, but if we can get a draw I will be happy.

I don't remember too many wins there during the 70s and into the 80s

I won't go into detail yet again but I have strong connections with Inchicore - my great Grand father who was a butcher, (John Reilly) used to own what is now Richmond Park which he used as a lairage for animals before slaughter. He is in the 1901 census. but was dead by 1911.

My late Ma was from Connolly Avenue. I have a soft spot for Pat's, but I was brought to Milltown as a child in arms, and in my teens used to meet Peter Farrell on the 46A heading to the match. Peter remained a loyal Blue and a Hoop until his poor brain stopped working.. A gentleman to his fingertips. In my avatar.

KOH - at least Pat's are Southsiders!! :cool:
I'm originally from Crumlin myself. My mother was from Bluebell and all my uncles supported Pat's. I used to bring my kids down to Richmond Park when they were young. They loved it. My sister lived on Bulfin Road and we would call into her before the match. They couldn't wait until they were old enough to go into the Shed.

I'm originally from Crumlin myself. My mother was from Bluebell and all my uncles supported Pat's. I used to bring my kids down to Richmond Park when they were young. They loved it. My sister lived on Bulfin Road and we would call into her before the match. They couldn't wait until they were old enough to go into the Shed.

Well my aunt, grandparents and great grandparents on my Ma's side are all buried in Bluebell. cemetery. we restored the graves a few years ago.

John Reilly was my Dad's grandfather - so although I am exiled in Kilkenny for nearly 32 years I remain a proud Dub.

Hopefully Rovers stay consistent and see the title out. If Pat's were playing any other team I would follow them especially in this year's FAI Cup. Should have enough for Dundalk although I thought the same about Rovers in the final last year. Home adavntage is a bounusfor Pat's.

Tonight's fixtures all 19.45 except the clash of the Rovers which is at 20.00:

Shamrock Rovers Sligo Rovers
Waterford Finn Harps
Derry City St Patrick's Athletic
Drogheda United Longford Town
Bohemians Dundalk

Now in squeaky bum time. Rovers losing to Dundalk in the last game shows they are not across the line yet. Still 9 points ahead with 7 to play. Hopefully we steady the ship again, and take at least 4 from tonight and Monday's match at Bohs.

Final Scores in tonight's fixtures

Shamrock Rovers 2 Sligo Rovers 0
Waterford 4 Finn Harps 1
Derry City 1 St Patrick's Athletic 0
Drogheda United 2 Longford Town 0.
Bohemians 1 Dundalk 1

Very good night for the Hoops now 12 points clear of St Pat's with no one else mathematically capable of catching us, six games left.

Mathematically 6 more points, but with a better GD by 13, 5 points should be enough.

Sorry, I misread the table - 7 points for certain but 6 points realistically.

At home to Bohs tonight, live on RTE 2.

Should be cracking atmosphere even with 50% capacity.

16 minutes gone, Bohs are matching Rovers well. Tackles flying in but no cards yet - Ref being sensible.

I wonder how long most EPL players would last in this match before asking to come off!! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back