Leandro Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.

"He probably won’t [need time with the Under-21s] because he has played enough games with his first team in Uruguay in a really competitive league.

“If you look at the amount of strikers that come through those environments, you don’t get surprised about the quality of these players.

“I am not saying that to put pressure on the boy, but he is a player we can be very much excited about in the future.”

Reactions: FTY
Let's wait and see ... Hoping he could surprise.

Be a few weeks before he gets on the bench I'd imagine. If he looks good in training & the U21s who knows ...

Well all world beaters were undiscovered at some point. Not sure, at all, about this lad.

Mainly because I had never heard of him until a few days ago.

Anything you need to know mate don't hesitate to ask me. There isn't a thing i don't know about this kid.

He's originally from Texas, via Plymouth and his dad is an elevator mechanic by trade called Ricky.

His first passion is capturing butterflys during long summer evenings but managed to nurture his natural football ability in the all girls school he attended in El Paso Dobleś

His mother Jeanette stitched his first ever football boots and cellotaped a Nike swoosh on them with the wording El Matador in green piping via prit stick.

His favourite position is missionary and occasional 2nd striker of the inverted nipple formation his former manager invented ( rumours say his wife had 3 boobs and he managed to draw some form of inverted tree formation via using the 3 nipple structure )

This kid will get goals, lots of them and hopefully in the right net and not against us ( took him 4 years as a teenager to understand this rule hence why he's a "late" developer which has nothing to do with him still needing to wear nappies during games due to a slight leaking issue he has when he's over excited ).

In a way Leandro Joaquín Rodríguez Telech, welcome home.

No idea about him but if Bobby reckons he's another one of our boss youngsters then I'm sold. We haven't gone wrong with any of them yet.

Looks like a strong lad and you have to be a scrappy bugger to get anywhere in those leagues so physicality isn't going to be an issue. Kind of enjoying the fact that he hasn't got some ridiculous scoring record, makes it even more random and interesting.

Hope he goes by the name of 'Leandro', what a cool name.

How much we paying?

Had a quick look through the thread but couldn't see a price. Nor is it mentioned on OS.

~500k I believe.

It's an odd one. 20-odd goals in 80 games but people posted stats of big-name strikers who had similar underwhelming numbers in their home leagues.

It's almost so obscure and random a signing you think he must be boss and they just see something in him that's going to flourish. It's a truly fascinating signing in many ways.

Before i get too excited Im thinking in English his name would be Leon Rodgers so I''ll wait this one out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back