Leandro Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
As dubious as transfers like this look I secretly like a cheap gamble. Cahill, Coleman, Arteta & Pienaar are in this bracket I feel and they did well for us.

If the rumour is true and the 500k price banded with it means he's not too much of a gamble for us. People might point his 1 in 3 goal return (approx) but Suarez had a 1 in 3 at National whilst he playing in the Uruguayan league. (Suarez is probably a poor comparative I admit as he's gone on to play for a huge club.)

The ratio might be skewed somewhat. Who's to say he hasn't played a number of games on the wing given he has apparent pace?

As dubious as transfers like this look I secretly like a cheap gamble. Cahill, Coleman, Arteta & Pienaar are in this bracket I feel and they did well for us.

If the rumour is true and the 500k price banded with it means he's not too much of a gamble for us. People might point his 1 in 3 goal return (approx) but Suarez had a 1 in 3 at National whilst he playing in the Uruguayan league. (Suarez is probably a poor comparative I admit as he's gone on to play for a huge club.)

The ratio might be skewed somewhat. Who's to say he hasn't played a number of games on the wing given he has apparent pace?
He said in an interview he see's himself as a forward / striker BUT a lot of his time have been spent on the wings and playing behind the striker.

The 'thing' with this signing for me is that he is pretty much a nobody, I don't think he's represented Uruguay in a major youth tournament, now I know a lot of players who excel in say the U20 World Cup go on to be massive stars but you would have thought he'd get exposure to these levels of football if he was half decent.

Quiet like how we have a thread about a player nobody's ever heard of, playing for a team none of us have ever seen, with no reliable source given, and no price tag mentioned......but still, we're on page 3 of the thread inside an hour, and even had Suarez comparisons....

Quiet like how we have a thread about a player nobody's ever heard of, playing for a team none of us have ever seen, with no reliable source given, and no price tag mentioned......but still, we're on page 3 of the thread inside an hour, and even had Suarez comparisons....

The club, manager and the player himself have said he is joining us.

.......from what I'm reading/seeing he looks a poacher but hasn't always played out and out striker. He says himself he can play in various positions, perhaps RM likes that flexibility and he could be a useful lad to have around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back