Led Zeppelin. BOSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

roydo

in memoriam - 1965-2024
I love Zep. Everyone knows Whole Lotta Love, Stairway, etc, but bear this in mind, and compare to the "big" bands over the last 20 years.

Between Jan 1969, and Oct 1971, they did this;

4 albums, 2 of which are considered as total classics, (II & IV. Prefer III myself). IV is one of the top selling albums of all time. They went from being totally unknown, apart from Jimmy Page, to the biggest selling/grossing/touring band in the world, breaking sales and concert attendances set by the Beatles.

So, global domination, squillions of record sales, and 2 of the best selling rock albums, (including perhaps 4 all time classic tracks) in history. From scratch. In 3 years.

Nearest equivalent?

I love Zeppelin. Been listening to them since I was like 7 or something.

Favorite song by them

[video=youtube;HpLe-qUUGIE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpLe-qUUGIE[/video]

I love Zeppelin. Been listening to them since I was like 7 or something.

Favorite song by them

[video=youtube;HpLe-qUUGIE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpLe-qUUGIE[/video]

Wouldnt disagree. Quality. "When the levee breaks" takes some beating though!

Saw Led Zep at Knebworth
*feeling smug

There are lots of great rocks bands around now, but no-one is really recognised as being "the best".
U2 are the only band that I can think of since Led Zep who dominated rock in a similar way ( up to about 87 ) and then tailed off.

Saw Led Zep at Knebworth
*feeling smug

There are lots of great rocks bands around now, but no-one is really recognised as being "the best".
U2 are the only band that I can think of since Led Zep who dominated rock in a similar way ( up to about 87 ) and then tailed off.

Luck git! Had a ticket, but Dads car broke and he couldnt take me! Was about 14 or so. Saw Page & Plant in the 80s. Not the same though.

I put forward a motion that in the same way we talked about Pink Floyd, lad on here so it shall be know it will always be
Led Zeppelin BOSS from this point herein.

Agreed, they're brilliant.

Robert Plant's a local round these parts, you'd never think he was a super rock star. Proper gent

They're Led Zeppelin boss, lid.

Robert Plant's a local round these parts, you'd never think he was a super rock star. Proper gent

They're Led Zeppelin boss, lid.

He's spotted quite a bit in a pub in my brothers village, west of middle England. Nice man he is.

Led Zep boss lad.

Led Zep II ( the Brown Bomber ) is a great album, and so is IV. I also like Led Zep III. I totally agree , though. they are BOSS and up there at the top of the rock tree. Part of the rock holy trinity of Zep...Sabbath...and Purple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back