Match Thread Leeds v Everton : Tuesday 30th August 2022 : KO 8pm

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look everyone. How many times last year were we crying out for fight and desire. The last two games have shown that we have it in spades. Let’s support them instead of the opposite. They are fighting.
The clubs fault we are where we are with still no striker a month into the season

Voted for Iwobi. This is one weird Everton team. We were all calling for a sub until we all took a closer look at the bench. I just shock my head and immediately gave Frank the benefit of the doubt.
I had to check myself when a little voice in my head popped in and said that Gomes might do a job in the midifield 3. Booze has got rid of him quickly.
I think he knew a sub could just get caught out trying to get used to the pace and flow, and we could get punished.
The players did look done in last 15 though.

Could have won bar a VAR result which look dubious to me
Didn't see the VAR view where they show the absolute side view to prove it was off. Did they have one? Looked totally level from any view I did see.
One quick screenshot and then played on to be fair the ref was waiting on VAR having a look at it but it seemed a very quick check to me they normally do several angles before confirming.

I know it isn't the best start and we need more wins, but we are drawing away games that we absolutely would have lost last year. That is at least something. Hopefully after deadline and some more additions we get a more settled team with a bit more quality. Fingers crossed

A bit of a nail biter at the end but I'm happy with a point even though we could have snatched all 3 but for dodgy VAR and a missed chance by Patterson, who I've picked for MoM despite that.

I think they have given him support, we have brought in some decent players, Maupay is yet to play and I expect 1 or 2 more
We sold Richarlison and thus far have brought in Brightons third choice striker as our only attacking reinforcement who has yet to lace them up because we couldn’t even get that signing done right in time even though Frank was led to believe he’d be available. We’ve strengthened the back line, but we need to score goals to win matches and in that area of the pitch were clearly worse off than we were before he arrived.

I'm guess I wouldn't know any different since my only root for Everton, but we have to be one of the most unlucky teams in all of sports. Between injuries, VAR, not scoring on good chances, and just general ref decisions (see missed corner tonight), we haven't caught a break in the 5 years I have been watching. I can't even imagine what's it's like for you old timers.

No. I believe Frank is sending a rather stark message to Thelwell and the board because lots of them were dead on their feet at the end, thankfully it didn’t bite us on the arse.
We do have a bunch of first teasers injured, we ain’t buying a bench full of players, I expect Gueye and 2 more

Status
Not open for further replies.