Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

LEGAL ADVICE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noisy noise annoys

Player Valuation: £60m
Any one with any legal knowledge?
I sent a pallet to the USA a while back (February) using a shipping agent that I use regularly. The label they gave me to attach to the pallet was actually for India!

The pallet is stuck in India and they want storage fees to release it (£1200) and return shipping to be paid. The agent who I have used for years are saying that because I put the label on the pallet, I am at fault and liable for costs.

What does GOT think

I sent a pallet to the USA a while back (February) using a shipping agent that I use regularly. The label they gave me to attach to the pallet was actually for India!

The pallet is stuck in India and they want storage fees to release it (£1200) and return shipping to be paid. The agent who I have used for years are saying that because I put the label on the pallet, I am at fault and liable for costs.

What does GOT think

If it’s the agents mistake it should be the agent who pays, I think. You’ve got to be able to prove that, though.

What does GOT think

I think you should have checked the label address personally.

What does GOT think
Somebody say pallet...
7F3FE917-CBAC-4908-8226-E6AAE311ACBB.webp
Lovely pallet.

What does GOT think
Cost you more in lawyers and time to fight it.
Change agents or get him to re-embures or else.

I presume that the Agent can be classed as 'expert'. If you advised him, in writing, of the USA address and he made the mistake of putting the India address on, then it is his mistake. He is the 'expert'. If it was me, I would have a solicitor's letter off pronto, advising that you hold them responsible for all costs that you incur.

Legal road sounds hard, maybe go talk to them and say it's not a road you want to gossso it is hanging out there as a threat and say that you are willing to be fair if a compromise can be reached.

Also, do they or you have insurance that might cover it?

What does GOT think

How much for the pair?

Never underestimate the myriad of uses a good pallet can offer.
I knocked this up from my last batch I swooped from The Asda...
Slant3-e1592165215321.jpg

This one is of my best pallet build so far...
89994079e1e4ce00133127612bb0d40a.jpg

1200 quid is a bit pricey though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back