Leicester City v Everton. 16th August at 15.00.

Who shall prosper

• Der Foxes

Votes: 19 4.2%
  • Der Toffees

Votes: 315 69.5%
  • Crap draw that lad

Votes: 119 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
How can we have an Everton team in 2014 starting players like Hibbert, Osman and Naismith?

It's like we have a couple of injuries and we're transported back a decade.

so true, even though Naismith will now score and win us the match but you're absolutely right

How can we have an Everton team in 2014 starting players like Hibbert, Osman and Naismith?

Bit harsh on Naismith, he's established himself as a really decent squad player following his first season with us.

(Shouldn't start every game but still.)

Naismith doesn't deserve that after some of the performances he put in last season.

Naismith's fine at 10, due to his movement and finishing. It's on the wing and up front he's terrible. If he does play up front it's because we have two players (Rom and Kone) out, not one.

Liverpool Echo article on RB says that Muhamed Besic is likely to play in Barkley's place which I'd imagine would change the lineup to a 4-3-3. Something I couldn't see him doing without pacey wingers playing that don't like the defensive job, hence the extra man in midfield. (I.E. McGeady, Mirallas, Atsu.)

Liverpool Echo article on RB says that Muhamed Besic is likely to play in Barkley's place which I'd imagine would change the lineup to a 4-3-3. Something I couldn't see him doing without pacey wingers playing that don't like the defensive job, hence the extra man in midfield. (I.E. McGeady, Mirallas, Atsu.)

i'd be okay with that tbh, i would advise it if mirallas doesn't start

I can imagine us playing that formation a lot this season anyway to be honest. Seems a shame to leave 2 of our 4 boss CMs on the bench.

I can imagine us playing that formation a lot this season anyway to be honest. Seems a shame to leave 2 of our 4 boss CMs on the bench.

It allows the wingers I mentioned to only have to focus on the offensive job which is obviously the best part of their game. Also, think of the counter attacks, the glorious pacey counter attacks.

FIRST! Great preview.

Barkley? Makes me sad but I don't know that it's a "massive" blow just because it's a position where we have some decent cover. No slight on Barkers but if Coleman goes down (or even a CB ... yes we have Stones but very thin after that) it would be worse just because of the quality of the replacement players (nothing to do with the injured players). Sucks though for sure.

Trying to keep optimistic I guess.

We'll win this.

FIRST! Great preview.

Barkley? Makes me sad but I don't know that it's a "massive" blow just because it's a position where we have some decent cover. No slight on Barkers but if Coleman goes down (or even a CB ... yes we have Stones but very thin after that) it would be worse just because of the quality of the replacement players (nothing to do with the injured players). Sucks though for sure.

Trying to keep optimistic I guess.

We'll win this.

I'm with you mate, but Mirallas and Lukaku need to ready.

That team without Barkley is good enough to beat Leicester.

My starting XI for tomorrow,after hearing of Barkleys Injury,would'nt mind seeing McGeady behind the striker.

Howard
Coleman-Jags-Disitin-Baines
McCarthy-Barry
Mirrallas(if fit)-Mcgeady-Atsu
Lukaku(if fit)

....Barkley not good by the sound of things, big blow but stay positive, build a bridge and get over it. Presume Naismith will play that role, not the same quality but he might be a useful foil and partner for Lukaku. If RM was thinking of not starting Lukaku he'll have to have a re-think now. Hope Barkley's injury is nowt to do with Besic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back