Match Thread Leicester City v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Easy win for Everton, just what you needed. We were shocking, Thursday may have played a part but expected more from us today.Your support was top drawer today ? ?? although that woooo Everton song was starting to grate a bit. Think its Leeds or Burnley for the drop now.
Join in . . . you know you want to. ;)

It's good news for the Blues
and there’s no more time to lose
‘Cos we’re hot on the trail
and there’s no way we’re gonna fail
So get your coat on and get moving
‘cos we don’t know the meaning of losing
So come on, come on,
get down to Goodison Park. Wooooo

Everton, we never shone so brightly
Everton, the spirit of the Blues.

We’re on the move
‘cos we’ve got something to prove
It’s no surprise the Blue boys are on the rise
So come on, come on,

Everton, we never shone so brightly,

….they are an unbelievable fan group & not a tourist to be seen.

Glad it was only the very few posters who dared criticise them at one stage this season. The majority shouted them down.

The greatest fan base, they are us.
It's hit home to a lot of us, relegation is real. This is the kind of support we've needed for years. It's not the fans fault, Everton have been mid table mediocrity for years, it takes a scare to really get the fans alive again.

Hopefully, we do a Leicester and escape this season, and win the league next! COYB!!

Sassy, Ive watched this about 20 times now, and just cry. What a f........ set of fans we have/are. Everyone in the video is immense. The little kid in blue dancing, the older guy in the away shirt singing his heart out, the guy with the crutches. Ive seen it all in my 53 years supporting this club. From unbeatable (80's) to unbearable (since 1990 lol) but the fans in the last couple of weeks have been off the charts. I live all the way in Alaska now, and so wish I was there to be part of it.....but Im so glad they are all there, riding this wave of emotions that cant POSSIBLY be described to anyone other than an Evertonian.

Fingers crossed for the rest of the season, and NBC - thank you for not being Sky!
They really have been outstanding, while it would have been easy to give up due to the bad results, our followers attending games have been the 12th man this season and the impetus behind our player’s recent success.

Here is another clip, not from NBC but as rewarding :)

Last edited:

MOTM to Pickford again, well done Jordan ;)

Apart from the obvious mix up leading to their goal, I thought we did a solid job today.

Very pleased for Mykolenko, great goal.

Holgate, made up for past mistakes with his goal.

Another 3 vital points.

It seems Frank is getting good value from out team right now, long may it continue.

?

Wasnt pretty and we looked desperate at times but it's a vital away win which puts enormous pressure on the other 2 around us. Worrying that we lost 2 of the back 4/5 though, hope both are not serious although Mina could probably do with being laid to rest

Honestly found it very hard to believe we’d get anything out of that game today. Fair play to Lampard and the players; it’s not been pretty but 6 out of 6 against two very tough opponents is excellent going.

The trick now is to bring that same tenacity into the upcoming games against the lesser lights. Watford look as shambolic as we did until recently and are 100% there for the taking - Prove we can get though those kinds of games without Evertoning ourselves into oblivion and I’ll start to believe we might be safe!

Honestly found it very hard to believe we’d get anything out of that game today. Fair play to Lampard and the players; it’s not been pretty but 6 out of 6 against two very tough opponents is excellent going.

The trick now is to bring that same tenacity into the upcoming games against the lesser lights. Watford look as shambolic as we did until recently and are 100% there for the taking - Prove we can get though those kinds of games without Evertoning ourselves into oblivion and I’ll start to believe we might be safe!
We need to avenge that 5-2 fiasco too. Put a few past them, secure the three points and then going up against Brentford to finish it off.

I in
Join in . . . you know you want to. ;)

It's good news for the Blues
and there’s no more time to lose
‘Cos we’re hot on the trail
and there’s no way we’re gonna fail
So come on, come on,

We’re on the move
‘cos we’ve got something to prove
It’s no surprise the Blue boys are on the rise
So come on, come on,

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Imagine back in August suggesting Delph and Iwobi would be some of our standout and most reliable players.
Don’t think that I will be criticising too much in the future. I tend to be very critical when we lose. I tend to let me old heart rule my head. Think it’s time that I give every player a fair chance. Think that we all should. You just don’t know what is around the corner. Up the Toffees…..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back