Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Leicester don't sack Nigel Pearson. Oh wait. Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see Neil Lennon getting offered it now

That would at least appease the fan base I reckon
Having had a few drinks with him, I do know how fond he still is about Leicester City. Can't help feeling he's got himself dug in at Bolton though, don't really like seeing any manager get a rep for walking out on Clubs. Bolton will tire of him in a couple of seasons (greener grass like happens at all clubs)

I enjoyed his post match comments. You need characters in the game and he was an interesting one.

@Mikey_Fitzgerald

Both legends of the club mate but don't particularly want either here now. Think O'neill is
a bit out of touch with modern football and Lennon is largely unproven still. Underwhelmed by most names we've been linked tbh.

I know he came across as a bit controversial but Pearson did a fantastic job here and it will be difficult to replicate

@Mikey_Fitzgerald

Both legends of the club mate but don't particularly want either here now. Think O'neill is
a bit out of touch with modern football and Lennon is largely unproven still. Underwhelmed by most names we've been linked tbh.

I know he came across as a bit controversial but Pearson did a fantastic job here and it will be difficult to replicate

To be honest, I think Lennon did very well to have Celtic punching above their weight in Europe like he did, especially when he got them past Shaktar Karagangy in his last season. That was perhaps the weakest Celtic side he ever had at his disposal and he still got them through. Plus, there's the win over Barca at Celtic Park with the much better side the previous season.

I really think he's what you need. He's young, has experience winning things, club legend and he's determined to prove himself

I think he'd be a better choice than O'Neill to be honest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back