Leicester postponement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Covid cases do not come into it. We had 13 players of the required experience available against Chelsea. They may argue that they do not have another 5 to add to the 8 ‘regulars’ they have left.
Covid doesn’t come into what.

Forget covid for a minute. Say Leicester had 5 players at the Afcon and 10 out injured. Would they be able to cancel a game? The answer is no. I’m sure Middlesbrough tried it years ago because of injuries and a flu breakout. And didn’t play the game. The other team got the points. This is all about covid

Forget covid for a minute. Say Leicester had 5 players at the Afcon and 10 out injured. Would they be able to cancel a game? The answer is no. I’m sure Middlesbrough tried it years ago because of injuries and a flu breakout. And didn’t play the game. The other team got the points. This is all about covid
That was in 97, I think they did play the game eventually but the PL docked Boro points for failing to fulfill the original fixture, those docked points would have kept them up

Despite whatever injury issues Leicester City may have, I would've thought they'd be keen for the game to go ahead as this is a good time to play against Everton. Don't think they would be doing themselves any favours by getting the match postponed.

Won't be doing us any favours either as you can bet we'll get screwed with the rescheduling of these fixtures. We'll get 2 days between games whereas our opponents would have had a full week.

Aye, the rules for the PL and FA Cup are not mutual. I have an inkling that the game may actually be postponed again unless the PL don't want it to drag out.

As others have said, I'd be more than happy right now with a default victory and the three points in the bag.

The pls rules are inconsistent and flawed, and allow cheating to occur.

If the foxes shut their training ground, 100% it will be postponed.

It's farcical that injuries and players away at the afcon can take precedence over actual covid cases, and affect games going ahead - it should only be about covid outbreaks and stopping the spread throughout the squad and to the opposition, but that seems to have been forgotten and it's warped into this farce now.

Years ago, if you had an injury crisis through you're squad, then your young players got a shot and were selected - it's how some kickstarted their careers and they never left the team - why can't teams do that now?

Years ago, if you had an injury crisis through you're squad, then your young players got a shot and were selected - it's how some kickstarted their careers and they never left the team - why can't teams do that now?
It wasn't even years ago: teams have had to play with depleted squads this year and the year before. The issue is inconsistencies and manipulation.

The PL aren't maintaining a level-playing field in terms of fairness as there's been different standards throughout the season and there will be more. too.

If they had only 15 out they may still be able to get the 13 players of the required experience to play the match. As it is they have 17 out so are struggling to do this. The rules are not just about covid now so you need to forget the reasons why they are unavailable. If teams get down so low on numbers for whatever reason and they can only play lots of youngsters the league may feel it is making the league unfair.

You can't, or at least you shouldn't be able to, pick and choose what games you want to play. How can you have a squad to put out against a Premier League outfit in a cup competition but not play in the league a few days later?

At has been discussed, they don't have many COVID cases at all, they have a lot of injuries and players at Afcon but since when has a team ever been able to cancel games before on that basis?

If they don't want to play (want being the key word because they can obviously play if they were forced to) then they should be made to forfeit the match.

If they had only 15 out they may still be able to get the 13 players of the required experience to play the match. As it is they have 17 out so are struggling to do this. The rules are not just about covid now so you need to forget the reasons why they are unavailable. If teams get down so low on numbers for whatever reason and they can only play lots of youngsters the league may feel it is making the league unfair.
Show me the rule. Because I would bet my house on it that it doesn’t exist. Everton were forced to play 2 non first team players v Chelsea. Simms and Branthwaite. And a 3rd came off the bench in Onyango. This was the reason the Burnley game nearly went ahead. Because of the minutes v Chelsea, these 3 were now classed as first team players.

There’s no way you can cancel through injuries. As like it’s been pointed out, it’s only happened once in years. Surely this would happen a lot more. If you have an injury crisis its tough you use the 23’ and 18’s

I remember us playing Coventry late 90’s in the middle of winter. A big injury crisis at the time we had to pay 5/6 kids. A Everton fan phoned up Coventry to see if the game was on. As it had snowed. The receptionist thought she was speaking to a Coventry fan and said yes the game will definitely go ahead Everton have go loads of injuries and we will be playing. Or words to that effect. Basically Gordon strachan thought it was a nailed on 3 points and Coventry were in a relegation scrap . We won 3–1 I think.

You can't, or at least you shouldn't be able to, pick and choose what games you want to play. How can you have a squad to put out against a Premier League outfit in a cup competition but not play in the league a few days later?

At has been discussed, they don't have many COVID cases at all, they have a lot of injuries and players at Afcon but since when has a team ever been able to cancel games before on that basis?

If they don't want to play (want being the key word because they can obviously play if they were forced to) then they should be made to forfeit the match.
Of course they could put a side out as they did in the cup. If they play a weakened side in the league it has ramifications for other teams so the league has to decide whether it is making the competition unfair.

Show me the rule. Because I would bet my house on it that it doesn’t exist. Everton were forced to play 2 non first team players v Chelsea. Simms and Branthwaite. And a 3rd came off the bench in Onyango. This was the reason the Burnley game nearly went ahead. Because of the minutes v Chelsea, these 3 were now classed as first team players.

There’s no way you can cancel through injuries. As like it’s been pointed out, it’s only happened once in years. Surely this would happen a lot more. If you have an injury crisis its tough you use the 23’ and 18’s

I remember us playing Coventry late 90’s in the middle of winter. A big injury crisis at the time we had to pay 5/6 kids. A Everton fan phoned up Coventry to see if the game was on. As it had snowed. The receptionist thought she was speaking to a Coventry fan and said yes the game will definitely go ahead Everton have go loads of injuries and we will be playing. Or words to that effect. Basically Gordon strachan thought it was a nailed on 3 points and Coventry were in a relegation scrap . We won 3–1 I think.
The rule was posted earlier in this thread.

Of course they could put a side out as they did in the cup. If they play a weakened side in the league it has ramifications for other teams so the league has to decide whether it is making the competition unfair.
It wasn’t unfair when we played Chelsea though. Or when we played Leicester in the league cup Q/final 2 years ago when we had about 10 out through injury

It wasn’t unfair when we played Chelsea though. Or when we played Leicester in the league cup Q/final 2 years ago when we had about 10 out through injury
As I have said we had a side available against Chelsea that would be deemed to be strong enough. The other match you mention is a cup match not a league match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back