2018/19 Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's just rubbish Dave.

Why would he go inside when we were lined up man for man. This isn't under under 12s where we all just chase after the ball.
Look at that goal again. Tell me who or what Baines was supposed to be preoccupied with that he couldn't have helped out Keane by closing in on Jiminez and making life difficult for him?

He stood motionless when that ball came in.

Last edited:
Look at that goal again. Tell me who or what Baines was supposed to be preocuppied with that he couldn't have helped out Keane by closing in on Jiminez and making life difficult for him?

He stood motionless when that ball came in.

Yeah I don't agree with retrospective scapegoating for not realising your central defender would make an error despite being in a perfectly good position to defend the situation.

Yeah I don't agree with retrospective scapegoating for not realising your central defender would make an error despite being in a perfectly good position to defend the situation.
...a central defender that he could see was struggling to mark two players because Holgate was out of position.

I hope to goodness Digne isn't as 'kin clueless in those situations as Baines.

...a central defender that he could see was struggling to mark two players because Holgate was out of position.

I hope to goodness Digne isn't as 'kin clueless in those situations as Baines.

Again I want to see Digne start as much as you. But this is utter rubbish. It's like asking why Coleman didn't have a pre-emptive eureka moment to drop onto the goal line because he sensed JP was going to make an error from the FK.

Go and look at the goal. Tell me WTF use Baines was in that situation and I'Il retract.
On the bright side we have re placements for both jags and Barnes now so they not gonna figure as Much .And after Fat arse sams tactics last Season this seasons gonna be at least exciting

Again I want to see Digne start as much as you. But this is utter rubbish. It's like asking why Coleman didn't have a pre-emptive eureka moment to drop onto the goal line because he sensed JP was going to make an error from the FK.
It's not the same at all. Baines was there. He saw the situation that was unfolding 4 yards away from him. He's a defender and needed to be offering help in closing down and getting involved.

Do me a favour: look at the goal again and tell me that Baines was right to just stand there watching Keane struggle with that.

Go and look at the goal. Tell me WTF use Baines was in that situation and I'Il retract.
Got to agree with you on Baines, from a defensive point of view. I think he seems to move more central as he tires. As if he is hiding behind the centre backs.

That said, he was decent going forward today and he can still whip in a great free kick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back