Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2018/19 Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is contact. He bundles into him. It's clumsy. Wilson is clever and goes down. We should have had a pen as well.
I know there was contact mate. But what I'm saying is there wasn't enough contact to constitute a foul or a push. You say Wilson is clever. I say he guilty of simulation.

I actually thought the referee got all 3 major decisions wrong yesterday. One in our favour and two against. Overall thoigh big decisions seem to be going against us at the moment and you just hope they even themselves out over the season.

That is his usual challenge. Baines cannot head a ball and never challenges in the air. Look back on his career with us and he usually sticks his arse into the player to unbalance him or a little nudge once the players feet have left the ground but very rarely jumps with a player. It has been a weakness of his all career.

He should have just got goal side of him
True if you remember he could not oust Lescott from left back for those very reasons you posted.....

Thought it was a definite penalty tbh. If you are going to barge someone it has to be from alongside them. If you do it directly in the back you are an idiot.

The one on Coleman first half was equally a penalty. But it doesn't help that Seamus never even asked the question. Weak and soft mentality.

Big Baines fan, think the stick he gets on here is silly, still think he has plenty to offer the club... but that was a poor performance and a baffling mistake for their penalty.

The hyperbolic statements of "he's finished", "worst defender in the league" and so on are ridiculous though.

He's not finished. To be finished you have to have been started. As a defender he's never been able to defend.

Heading ability: zero
Tackling ability: zero
Positional sense: zero
(And now) Pace: zero

He's doing more harm than good stepping out on that pitch for Everton.

He's not finished. To be finished you have to have been started. As a defender he's never been able to defend.

Heading ability: zero
Tackling ability: zero
Positional sense: zero
(And now) Pace: zero

He's doing more harm than good stepping out on that pitch for Everton.
Never scored a free kick at Goodison is my fave Baines stat.

I know there was contact mate. But what I'm saying is there wasn't enough contact to constitute a foul or a push. You say Wilson is clever. I say he guilty of simulation.

I actually thought the referee got all 3 major decisions wrong yesterday. One in our favour and two against. Overall thoigh big decisions seem to be going against us at the moment and you just hope they even themselves out over the season.

Yes, that'll happen.(n)

Spot on Eggs, Digne needs to start soon and make himself the first choice left back.
Baines, if he's half the character we're told he is, will surely accept being the back-up... he must know he's past his best.

He will know he has a limited life span as a top flight footballer every Monday morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back