Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2018/19 Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent yesterday. Shows his professionalism and ability to be able to come back in after not playing for a while and put in such a good performance. Obviously the standard of opposition was poor, but that didn't stop some of his team mates from letting themselves down.

Digne is still the first choice, but it's great to have backup like Baines.

Excellent yesterday. Shows his professionalism and ability to be able to come back in after not playing for a while and put in such a good performance. Obviously the standard of opposition was poor, but that didn't stop some of his team mates from letting themselves down.

It's mad isn't it... that he finally has competition and has to work to earn his place in the team and he suddenly puts in a quality performance. This is the sort of thing we've been lacking for a while.

don't hate me for this, please

but has anyone suggested yet (hopefully I'm not the first lol).... with Coleman's struggles at RB, would a LB like Baines be able to fill in at RB for a game here or there??

... this event is an Everton default setting.

Everton underperforming is, what's known in media parlance, an "often reported event".
So, the SKY or BT sportsdesk, on seeing a result that Everton has bottled it or just plain played terribly, will catagorise it "often reported event" (or 'O.R. Event in newsroom jargon) and not dedicate too much attention to it.

Now, you might level accusation of my reading too much into this, but does anyone else think it pure coincidence that O R Event is an anagram of Everton??

...cue Twilight Zone theme tune

don't hate me for this, please

but has anyone suggested yet (hopefully I'm not the first lol).... with Coleman's struggles at RB, would a LB like Baines be able to fill in at RB for a game here or there??

I'll see this terrible idea and raise you Baines playing CDM until the end of the season after we sell Gueye.

Disclaimer: I do not endorse this idea.

The best FB combination in PL history has been Bainsey at LB and Seamus at RB. Does anybody else think dropping Digne for Bainesy will regenerate that fabulous title-contending fullback combination? That we'll see Bainesy and Seamus tearing it up?...

...no, me neither..

The best FB combination in PL history has been Bainsey at LB and Seamus at RB. Does anybody else think dropping Digne for Bainesy will regenerate that fabulous title-contending fullback combination? That we'll see Bainesy and Seamus tearing it up?...

...no, me neither..
Get Bainesy in the Barry role asap I say.

Get Bainesy in the Barry role asap I say.
I'd get Barry back...he 'got' Everton.

Imagine being at fortress Goodison, the usual loud and rocking crowd all roaring, Z Cars being played...and out on the pitch run an Everton team, led by Capt Jags, with Bainsey, Seamus, and Gaz Baz following their magnificent leader on to the battle field.

We need to make GP a bear-pit again...and a team with those 4 Everton legends would produce that effect.

Blue Bill...make it happen!!

Digne looks like a carbon copy of Baines for me, his best attributes are the same as Baines, he’s actually settled in quicker than Baines. I just wish he had a player in front to form a partnership with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back