Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2018/19 Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Southgate did exactly the same thing with a weaker squad. It doesn’t mean anything. Martínez was not as good as Moyes at Everton that’s a basic fact.
Moyes isn't a coach. He knows next to nothing about football. 11 years worth of his 'strategy and tactics' reinforced that assessment time and time again. He isn't in the same world as Martinez as far as that goes.

Moyes isn't a coach. He knows next to nothing about football. 11 years worth of his 'strategy and tactics' reinforced that assessment time and time again. He isn't in the same world as Martinez as far as that goes.

Martínez was a crap club manager. End of.

Southgate did exactly the same thing as Martínez with a weaker squad. That’s speak it all.

Lol Dave you rate Martínez that highly which say it all pal.
I rate him as a good coach not a great coach...but even that makes him comfortably our technically best coach since Harvey, who learned his trade under HK. All manager's in between were pragmatists to one degree or another and pretty much incapable of strategic thought...although Joe at least could get both sides of the game together for a spell.

Anyway, this is the Baines thread. so....

I rate him as a good coach not a great coach...but even that makes him comfortably our technically best coach since Harvey, who learned his trade under HK. All manager's in between were pragmatists to one degree or another and pretty much incapable of strategic thought...although Joe at least could get both sides of the game together for a spell.

Which is fair enough cos we all have different opinion.

Oh and I love Bainsy. Not sure if Robinson got enough to backup Digne next season.

Baines is finished in my opinion. He played well against Lincoln but you've got to consider the standard he was against. For us to progress we need someone who can genuinely compete with Digne. I would release him at the end if the season thank him for his 12 years service in which for he spent a time as one of the best left backs in the world. However sentiment holds you back in this game so we cant afford to keep hold, either give the back up job to Robinson or bring someone new in.

Which games do you think captured martinezs strategic thought the best during his tenure at Everton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back