Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2018/19 Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
...agree, he’s never had the athleticism, speed and power to be a truly effective defender. We might be in a similar situation going forward with Digne.
You could be right I'm hoping you're not, any chance of another Pat van den hauwe knocking around.

Baines has been involved in incidents that have thrown a huge spanner in the works of struggling Everton managers. That's a fact.

Hopefully that's the last we see of him yesterday and it's his parting shot.
Call me an old Everton romantic... (has such ever subsisted?)...but the image of Bainesy buying a flake 99 from an ice cream van lends me hope that he can recapture his glory days.
Him and Seamus remain the envy of every FB envying Pl manager. I fear we might regret bitterly, any haste in not extending their contract...same with Capt Jags.
What’s the old expression? “Keep your friends close, and Capt Jags,and Bainesy closer”

I am a bit gutted really. I'm starting to think of Baines how I ended up thinking about Cahill. They were both kept far too long. They had magnificent first 6/7 seasons but then any footballer does there form and ability lessoned. At this point they should have both been moved on. Whenever I think of Cahill now I forget that first few years and only seem to remember the bad form at the end as that is freshest. This is now happening with Baines. Both these players are in the top 10 premiership era players but I can only think of their poor play. We should have learned by now it happens far too often Jagielka is another I kind of hope neither him or Baines play for us again as I fear they will only give me more bad memories!

Baines has been, if not seriously injured, not game fit for the last three seasons. He has lost a step or two and is no match for most of the wingers he has to face. He knows where he has to be and what he has to do, and he gives his all, but his body won’t let him do it.

It’s Digne’s position now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back