Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2018/19 Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should have been sold when Man U were after him,just as he was over his peak. EFC too sentimental.
And the outrage on here would have been cataclysmic. Fellaini and baines poached like a pair of free range eggs by our former boss. They were offering us peanuts, remember? And baines was the best left back in the league at that time. Hindsight is great but we were right to say no.

Lots of trolling going on.

Terrible penalty for sure yesterday but it was clear he was not fit yesterday and Silva probably made a mistake picking him
especially as Kenny looked good when he came on. Baines had a good game at Huddersfield just a few days ago so he still
has it..
Let's not ignore the fact that Baines has performed well against League One Lincoln and an absolutely atrocious Huddersfield who are bound for relegation.

Yes his injury may have played a part yesterday, but I do feel that his days at Everton (at least at the top level) are rightfully coming to an end. Coleman the same?

Should start working on getting a smaller, top quality music venue going next to the new stadium so he get his music and Everton fix. Large gigs can play at BM and smaller shows at his joint...turn it in to a music hub. Baines' House of Blues...pub on the top floor.

It is 2AM and I'm a bit lit right now, though...so.

That rib injury reoccured only after his giving away of a pen. Coincidence?

Sulking on the bench with Digne making LB his; I wouldn't be surprised if he's thrown that pen in.

And the outrage on here would have been cataclysmic. Fellaini and baines poached like a pair of free range eggs by our former boss. They were offering us peanuts, remember? And baines was the best left back in the league at that time. Hindsight is great but we were right to say no.
Outrage expressed on a fan forum has no bearing on whether a players ability has already peaked. I don't really care if other supporters fume, it's what I thought then & what I think now. The monetary side of things is irrelevant to me, I'm not a major shareholder or investor, it's the diminishing returns on the pitch that matter. Bainsey was always better on the front foot, very lightweight defensively & has offered next to nothing going forward in recent seasons while remaining fragile at the back. Sadly Seamus appears to be the same now.

Just look back at his mistake yesterday. Horrific defending. What was he thinking of? Zouma had the lad clearly covered ye he still decides to make a horrific challenge from behind. Still happy to have him as back up this season but new blood to challenge digne next season. Deadwood needs to be removed.

That rib injury reoccured only after his giving away of a pen. Coincidence?

Sulking on the bench with Digne making LB his; I wouldn't be surprised if he's thrown that pen in.
Yes Dave, I am thinking conspiracy not dissimilar. There is too much overlapping evidence for there not to be substance to your suspicion. Yes, Bainesy and Seamus are the best FBs in the PL, but I intuit a schemingly nefarious Capt Jags has got to Bainesy.
Where do we go from here?
Hell, I am bereft of immediate answer to that obvious query.
But we ALL love Everton Football Club...and going forward we MUST retain the loyalty of our legends.
I suggest an immediate extension of contract for Capt Jags, Bainesy and Seamus...they GET Everton...they BLEED blue...

...just like Big Dunc...

He played while clearly injured yesterday. The commentators were saying he was moving badly way before the penalty. But he didn't cry off. He turned up and tried. I saw enough this season to know that a fit baines is a more than capable back up. More importantly I'll always acknowledge him as one of the best left backs I've seen in an Everton shirt. Cheers Leighton.

Yes Dave, I am thinking conspiracy not dissimilar. There is too much overlapping evidence for there not to be substance to your suspicion. Yes, Bainesy and Seamus are the best FBs in the PL, but I intuit a schemingly nefarious Capt Jags has got to Bainesy.
Where do we go from here?
Hell, I am bereft of immediate answer to that obvious query.
But we ALL love Everton Football Club...and going forward we MUST retain the loyalty of our legends.
I suggest an immediate extension of contract for Capt Jags, Bainesy and Seamus...they GET Everton...they BLEED blue...

...just like Big Dunc...
Baines has been involved in incidents that have thrown a huge spanner in the works of struggling Everton managers. That's a fact.

Hopefully that's the last we see of him yesterday and it's his parting shot.

Lots of trolling going on.

Terrible penalty for sure yesterday but it was clear he was not fit yesterday and Silva probably made a mistake picking him
especially as Kenny looked good when he came on. Baines had a good game at Huddersfield just a few days ago so he still
has it..
No he hasn't he is finished and we need to get shut,and stop being all luvvy.

Baines, Coleman and Jags great lads but time is up. Davies and Kenny the time of the ferry to Birkenhead is 20 past the hour and Prenton Park is a 10 minute walk from the terminal.
I think Kenny should play for the remainder of the season, I’m not saying he’s good enough long term, but he can’t do any worse.

And I actually think he’s better on the ball than Coleman, yes he will play the odd poor pass and cross, but not easy when you’re only getting a game now and again. Probably trying to hard to not make a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back