Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2018/19 Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha Ha. "figure of fun". Go and look at his record both at Everton and elsewhere. I can assure you that beyond a handful of deniers on Everton forums no one thinks of Martinez as a "figure of fun".

His stock is sky high and this club's has dropped off the charts. THAT is the stark reality my friend.

He is though. Even if results had somehow gone well and he was still Everton manager, we would all be tittering at such ridiculous nonsense. You don't think such statements contributed to, how shall I put it, the undermining of confidence in his judgement of players' abilities?

He is though. Even if results had somehow gone well and he was still Everton manager, we would all be tittering at such ridiculous nonsense. You don't think such statements contributed to, how shall I put it, the undermining of confidence in his judgement of players' abilities?
Only with the feeble minded.

His stock is sky high and this club's has dropped off the charts. THAT is the stark reality my friend.

And the reason for this is the combined efforts of these three clowns:

aaaa.webp

Cant wait until we get another manager to get us our best ever PL season so we can portray him like Charlie Chaplin or Buster Keaton. That'll be progress if we do. Sadly I doubt we'll get another season like that for another couple of decades.

Two ground-breaking geniuses - that'll do for me, much better than the mediocrities we've had before. I won't be holding my breath, mind.

Back on topic, I have some sympathy with your viewpoint on Baines, although not quite as extreme as you. I don't think that our last great manager, HK 1, would have had Leighton in his team - he liked his defenders to be, first and foremost, someone who could defend and be good in the air to deal with crosses to the far post, an aspect that Leighton is pretty useless at.

That said, going forward in tandem with Pienaar, he gave us one of the few things worth watching in some of Moyes' teams.

Cant wait until we get another manager to get us our best ever PL season so we can portray him like Charlie Chaplin or Buster Keaton. That'll be progress if we do. Sadly I doubt we'll get another season like that for another couple of decades.
He wasnt our manager for one season, Dave, you keep forgetting that. One good season, two horrid ones - that doesnt make a good manager, that makes a lucky manager.
I was about to say that this wishywashy fantasy thing youve got with Martinez is getting silly, but that would be wrong. Its been silly for years already.
One good season, Dave, singular, based on Moyes’ team and organization, not Robertos. Theres no reason to keep hammering this Martinez fantasy of yours onto this forum every day, we all know you adore him and you know we all think youre crazy for doing so. You could have gotten somewhere on a non-Everton forum with this, but we all saw his second and third season and no amount of sillytalk or hardcore drugs can erase the horror of being, for example, dominated by Hull at Goodison.

I think this may be a long week for Baines. I have no doubt there will be enquiries and we didn't pay 20m for Dinge so that he could sit on the bench.

Leighton may have a decision to make and if he wanted to leave I wonder if the club would force him to stay.
Connolly or Robinson could cover that position.

I think this may be a long week for Baines. I have no doubt there will be enquiries and we didn't pay 20m for Dinge so that he could sit on the bench.

Leighton may have a decision to make and if he wanted to leave I wonder if the club would force him to stay.
Connolly or Robinson could cover that position.

The whole point of buying a new LB was so that we had competition for places.

Connolly and Robinson aren't ready. What would be the point in finally buying a left-back, just to then sell one so we need to buy again?

He wasnt our manager for one season, Dave, you keep forgetting that. One good season, two horrid ones - that doesnt make a good manager, that makes a lucky manager.
I was about to say that this wishywashy fantasy thing youve got with Martinez is getting silly, but that would be wrong. Its been silly for years already.
One good season, Dave, singular, based on Moyes’ team and organization, not Robertos. Theres no reason to keep hammering this Martinez fantasy of yours onto this forum every day, we all know you adore him and you know we all think youre crazy for doing so. You could have gotten somewhere on a non-Everton forum with this, but we all saw his second and third season and no amount of sillytalk or hardcore drugs can erase the horror of being, for example, dominated by Hull at Goodison.
That's not close to being the truth. First season was excellent. No question. Results and performances were of the very highest quality. Second season saw us go further than any English club in Europe; third season saw us in two cup SFs. There is no way those last to seasons can be written off as "horrid". Right now midtable plus Wembley bound cup runs look like a golden chalice.

The whole point of buying a new LB was so that we had competition for places.

Connolly and Robinson aren't ready. What would be the point in finally buying a left-back, just to then sell one so we need to buy again?

Yes, he defo should stay

I don't remember if it was martinez or Koeman, but one of them was encouraging Baines to consider a move like Philip Lahm - moving from LB to Defensive Mid. I'd still love to see him there maybe over Schneiderlin. Sadly i think it would have been an ideal switch 2 years ago, but tougher to make today.

That's not close to being the truth. First season was excellent. No question. Results and performances were of the very highest quality. Second season saw us go further than any English club in Europe; third season saw us in two cup SFs. There is no way those last to seasons can be written off as "horrid". Right now midtable plus Wembley bound cup runs look like a golden chalice.
The truth? You wouldn't know it if it punched you in the face........pathetic lad - you never sat in the ground watching that crap did you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back