Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2018/19 Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shots schmotts. They had 7 on target the whole game and were hitting the corner flags with everything else.

The fact remains that Martinez knew and knows how to set up a game plan for confident players to carry out.

Hahahhaha el fraudo? Gameplan ? His game plan is to try copy peps Barca team, with players that cannot do any of the roles needed to do it

....clearly still a very fine footballer. I’m a big fan, but a decision has to be made on his contract at the end of the season and paying your reserve LB £80k per week does not make a lot of sense.

I wonder if he’ll want more than a season’s extension to be tempted to stay or if guaranteed playing time elsewhere and an attractive financial package might tempt him to leave. I imagine there’ll be clubs here and abroad interested in him.

How did he do?

Played well.

Typically composed and, y'know what, he actually led by example.

I always thought Baines would come back in for this one if Digne played v Saturday. Digne's shocker on Saturday probably helped Silva in making that call for Digne to get a rest as well.

We looked ragged when he went off because Digne couldn't get into the game, and ultimately made two rash decisions that fortunately didn't cost us.

Digne has been quality and is rightly first choice. Tbh though, he probably needs a break, since we place so much onus on him as an attacking outlet especially. Just have to hope Baines is fit for Saturday, or it's Kenny there (not that I don't like Kenny, but I'd be very nervous if Wolves pinned Traore on him).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back