Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2018/19 Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.

....clearly still a very fine footballer. I’m a big fan, but a decision has to be made on his contract at the end of the season and paying your reserve LB £80k per week does not make a lot of sense.

I wonder if he’ll want more than a season’s extension to be tempted to stay or if guaranteed playing time elsewhere and an attractive financial package might tempt him to leave. I imagine there’ll be clubs here and abroad interested in him.
I think Baines will seek pastures new. I think he seems the sort that would enjoy seeing another part of the world.

He did well when he came on last night. In fairness, settled a lot better than Digne did.

But yeh, I wouldn't be confident with him up against Traore.

Then again, not many teams have 3 left-backs.
Recall Martina!*

*nothing could be that bad**.

**don't get me started on Fat Ash!***

***don't get into this game... there's at least half a dozen players who make me sick with their wage and absence of use.

He makes the overlaps, movement and finding space look remarkably simple compared to the labored attempts we've seen all season so far.

Baines is clearly still one of the best footballers in our squad. He isn't capable of being a regular starter but he has continued to show that he is a useful member of the squad and needs to be used as often as possible when needed to make a positive impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back